Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys Customer Service - Complaints

Options
  • 24-03-2009 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a telephone number, e-mail or address for Currys Complaints Department in the Republic of Ireland? My brother is having no luck in trying to get someone to repair a dishwasher which is still under warranty. All the addresses/telephone numbers are in the UK. Don't they have anywhere in Ireland?

Many thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

Phone one of their stores? http://www.currys.ie/ they only give the location, but finding a phone number is easy after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Apart from the stores, I don't believe they have any central presence here in Ireland.

He should write to the manager of the store where he bought it, demand (politely) satisfaction or it'll be the Small Claims Court. Give them 7 days to respond.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Alcatel

jor el wrote: »
    Apart from the stores, I don't believe they have any central presence here in Ireland.

He should write to the manager of the store where he bought it, demand (politely) satisfaction or it'll be the Small Claims Court. Give them 7 days to respond.
    No need to go nuclear from the word go... SCC takes forever, besides. Ask politely but firmly and press. If they are holding you up, then whip out that option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Which brand of dishwasher is it? I had more success going directly to the manufacturer for our washing machine (Candy/Hoover)..

With our dishwasher, we had problems getting it fixed also, but a quick word with the store where we bought it in Liffey Valley and they refunded our money. Just be polite and firm, it's their responsibility to get it fixed as your contract is with them.. they offered me a replacement (which wasnt available until 6 weeks), I declined so they refunded my money (pending collection of the old machine which took 2 days). All in all, they were pleasant and helpful.

Best of luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Alcatel wrote: »
    No need to go nuclear from the word go...

The OP already stated that her brother is having no luck with Currys, so the word go is presumably some time ago. Final step is a letter to the manager (or speak to him in person) and tell him to fulfill his legal obligations or it will be taken further. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

My brother did have an engineer out to deal with the problem but the next time my brother tried to use it, the same problem occurred. So he rang up again and someone was promised to come out to look at the dishwasher. When this didn't happen, my brother rang up yet again and was told that the engineer had cancelled the job (without either calling out or ringing my brother to explain why - as the problem had not been solved). Currys said they couldn't get in contact with the engineer but promised to try and contact him and get him to contact my brother. This, of course, didn't happen. When my brother rang Currys yet again he was told that a part was on its way from Birmingham and that it was due in on Monday (22nd) and that they would contact my brother. They didn't. :rolleyes:

So this whole palava has been going on for well over a month and my brother can no longer believe a word Currys tell him. He's been passed from pillar to post and has had enough.

Thanks for your replies. I think going to the shop (Sligo) is the best option and demand a replacement or a refund and not to take no for an answer.

Currys Customer 'Service' is absolutely appalling. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

IIRC their head office is in Carrickmines. Try to specifically contact that branch for any issues relating to your problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 kerplunk86

If you look at the bottom of the www.currys.ie homepage, you can see the contact info (address and phone number) of what is presumably, their main business office?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rockmax

kerplunk86 wrote: »
    If you look at the bottom of the www.currys.ie homepage, you can see the contact info (address and phone number) of what is presumably, their main business office?

wel he is rite not to belive the curries word cos they are bloody liers. i bought a hp laptop of the 2years ago and bought the insurance with it as well. when it got broke i drop it to curries tecguys in blach they sent it for repair but since then laptop never return back. when i rang my insurance they said they sent it back by DPD couire and curries acept the delivery in blanch, but curries tec guys sayin they didnt collect any laptop so i spoke with the store manager he said he will give me call after insvestigating in to it i got call of him that come to store they gonna give me replacement. i went but they try to give me used laptop all dirty and srached i said to them r u guys joking and lose the head with them. they said if i dont want that they cant do anything eles. they fellow all the irish costumer laws if i want to go cournt they have no problem with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

this thread is over a year old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

antocann If you have a problem with a thread, please use the Report Post functionality, rather than adding to the thread.

Thread locked as it is an old thread.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement