Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-02-2009, 10:16   #1
irishbran77

Hair removal creams and pubic shaving...

Pardon this slightly vapid question...

For all the girly-men in here, like myself, I'm wondering if anyone has tried to use veet hair removal creams on your pubic region instead of trying to shave there? A girl mentioned it to me, wondering why I'd use a razor in such a place and it started me thinking about alternatives...
Advertisement
07-02-2009, 10:28   #2
dblennon

shaving is grand veets not strong enough for man hair get a trimmer for non satchel regions

you'll never go back
07-02-2009, 16:24   #3
Unregistered

does anyone else suffer BADLY from ingrown hairs/tiny red blisters everytime i shave/wax that area. its a disaster.... they take weekd to go away and their horrible?

07-02-2009, 16:41   #4
Peewee_lane

Yeah I did... I stopped shaving and had it waxed every month for 3 months, by pulling the hair from the roots it helped control the problem, for the frist few waxes I had a few more ingrown hairs but now theyve stopped.

Exfolitate every time before and after a shave, its only skin that causes them.
07-02-2009, 19:05   #5
Victor

I'd be cautious of using harsh chemicals on sensative bits of skin.
Advertisement
07-02-2009, 20:20   #6
lallybaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
does anyone else suffer BADLY from ingrown hairs/tiny red blisters everytime i shave/wax that area. its a disaster.... they take weekd to go away and their horrible?
I was getting my bikini region waxed for about 6 months and found that although i was still getting a few ingrown hairs they were far less than when i shaved,so ive returned to waxing. i religiously exfoliate the area and use savlon cream as per my beautitian but nothing seems to help!Ive heard about creams you can get to prevent ingrown hairs but they don't seem to exist in Ireland as ive tried everywhere
has anyone found these creams and are they helpful?
07-02-2009, 23:04   #7
Alice1

I bought mine in Boots (in Ireland) It's called "smooth naturally" and is described as "ingrown hair minimiser" Tis quite a "gloopy" gel, smells okay and is quite effective in my opinion.

The one I have is marked "body" and is suitable for use on legs, underarms, bikini line and male beards.

Have a look in Boots.
08-02-2009, 01:10   #8
embee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallybaby View Post
I was getting my bikini region waxed for about 6 months and found that although i was still getting a few ingrown hairs they were far less than when i shaved,so ive returned to waxing. i religiously exfoliate the area and use savlon cream as per my beautitian but nothing seems to help!Ive heard about creams you can get to prevent ingrown hairs but they don't seem to exist in Ireland as ive tried everywhere
has anyone found these creams and are they helpful?
Savlon is an antiseptic, it doesn't do anything about ingrown hairs. It'll keep you germ and infection free if used, but it isn't going to stop or minimise ingrown hairs.

Nad's Ingrow Solution for Women (there's a mens one too) is good.

http://www.beautyexpert.co.uk/produc...3&src=tracktor
08-02-2009, 15:33   #9
Unregistered

im the one with the ingrown hairs...
well ive ordered cream on the internet www.skindoctors.ie and its called 'ingrow go' ill let u know if its any good. why can some people just shave and have no problems with ingrown hairs ... so annoying..

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Share Tweet