Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-02-2009, 16:17   #1
grace-m7
Closed Account

LCD screen leak!

The LCD screen on my toshiba laptop has leaked, there must be a crack inside it and it isn't working.
It was purchased in pc world. Would it be possible that this is covered under a guarantee?
I doubt that it will be,however, and i am told it will need a new screen.
A laptop repair shop said they would have to order in a new screen.
The laptop is only a few months old. What is the best way to go about this? Should I bring it back to pc world?
Advertisement
04-02-2009, 23:01   #2
XDA

unless your warranty covers accidental damage your broken screen won't be covered. You would have had to pay extra for accidental damage cover when you bought it.

A repair shop will probably charge around 200 euro including labour to replace it, depending on the size of the screen.

I think i saw someone on the for sale section of adverts.ie advertising to do it for about 160, so you could take a look there.

Regards

XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace-m7 View Post
The LCD screen on my toshiba laptop has leaked, there must be a crack inside it and it isn't working.
It was purchased in pc world. Would it be possible that this is covered under a guarantee?
I doubt that it will be,however, and i am told it will need a new screen.
A laptop repair shop said they would have to order in a new screen.
The laptop is only a few months old. What is the best way to go about this? Should I bring it back to pc world?
04-02-2009, 23:19   #3
Run_to_da_hills
Banned

You have a good chance of purchasing a genuine or spurious replacement on Ebay if you do search. I busted the screen on my 9" EEEPC got quoted more than half the price of the laptop to get it repaired in Dublin. I got the replacement on Ebay from this site for e80 and fitted it myself in 15 minutes. The new screen is glossy and is far Superior to the original.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/lcds4u

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion