Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

freeview in Sligo????

Options
  • 13-01-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Just wondering if it's possible to pick up freeview from the North in the Sligo town region???

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

If you can get good analogue reception from the Brougher Mountain transmitter then you should get Freeview. Try with someone's cheap box first before committing to buy any equipment though...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I doubt very much if Freeview will work in Sligo town.

I think this was asked before many months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

this was asked before many months ago
    True. Only area in Co. Sligo where you get Freeview in some spots is Colooney. And there is an execellent reception spot near Carrickbanagher off N17 on Ballymote rd.
    Nothing in Sligo town itself. From Grange northwards only chance will be Strabane, when they switch to digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭the_wabbitt

Hi Guys,
    I live in Rusheen Ard and can recive radio quite well off Brougher. What do you reckon my chances are ? and what type of equipment do you suggest i should look at for bringing in a weak signal off brougher?

Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Hi Guys,
    I live in Rusheen Ard and can recive radio quite well off Brougher. What do you reckon my chances are ? and what type of equipment do you suggest i should look at for bringing in a weak signal off brougher?

Rory
    FM Radio, I'm assuming, is no guide - only (analogue) television can give clues. And the received pictures need to be good.

If no one in your local area has television from Brougher Mountain (past or present) then your chances of getting DTT from the same transmission site is pretty much nil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Best to get Freesat box and get UK FTA channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I suppose when Brougher goes Digital Only, in Oct. 2012 there will be more power on the DTT Transmissions and you would have a better chance of getting a signal in sligo and elsewhere

I would be interesting to see signal reports on who can get them from the UK
    http://ukfreeview.mpeg4ireland.com/map

And the Irish RTE NL test signals
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/map

Advertisement