Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Houston - Missing

Options
  • 06-12-2008 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Trinity College Pharmacy Student Alan Houston was last seen at midnight on Wednesday 3rd December in the vicinity of Lombard st.
    He was then known to have been in the area of the Treasury Building on Grand Canal st. at 12:45 am.
    If you or if you know of anyone that was in those areas at those times and may have seen something or anyone that may have
    any other information, please ask them to get in touch with Pearse St. Garda Station on: 01-6669000

Alan Houston?ui=2&ik=d488f74542&view=att&th=11e0981da0abd05d&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw
    Height: 6'1'
    Hair: Red-Brown

Has there been any news on him? I really hope he's alright...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

A body was found this morning.

Im not sure it has been identified as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭scanlant

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1206/breaking26.htm

According to this, Gardai are awaiting formal identification.
    RIP Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭The Walsho

Awful stuff. RIP Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Horrible news.

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Didn't know the guy but RIP. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 ChosenOne

RIP Alan.
    Haven't seen you in a while...sorry to see you go.
    My thoughts are with you and your family now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Gardaí invstigating the disappearance of 21-year-old Alan Houston recovered the remains just yards from his Dublin home at 11am.

Really sad. I didn't know him or anything but saw the posters all around Trinity and was naturally worried for him

“But we are not treating this death as suspicious and are not looking for anyone else in connection with it.”

I supposed that's good in a sense....it wasn't murder or anything like that which would have been a lot harder on his family and friends I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Really sorry to hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Tragic. Just tragic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Terrible just terrible. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

I'm afraid that the body is Alan's. The search party were told this morning. He was my classmate, and I never met a nicer guy. Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Peleus

that's really sad. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

That's terrible. : (

RIP Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Only heard the news now.

RIP Alan, terrible tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

For anyone who knew alan, you will all know what an amazing friend and kind person he was, a real gentleman who enjoyed life to the full and helped everyone else get the best out of it too.

There'll be a memorial TODAY at 3 pm at Grand Canal Dock for Alan, and everyone is invited to come and pay their respects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

Awful. We saw people with posters walking around Trinity on Friday night. We really hoped he'd be found alive and well.

RIP =/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

This is a terrible loss, no one should die so young and in such an unfortunate way. I hope his family and friends can cope with this at such a time.

All the best Alan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

I saw it on the news last night.

RIP Alan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Very sad. RIP Alan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Shocking news. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

RIP Alan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Awayindahils

Hi Guys,

This is a terrible tragedy and due to several members of this community being upset and knowing him personally I think it would be fairest to leave speculation about what happened to another forum.

Please feel free to use this thread as a place to express your sorrow, offer your condolences or if you want, to share anything you knew about him.

Awayindahils

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Colli_Flower86

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

May he rest in peace.

Sympathies to his family and friends. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭paperclip

He was in my class, I didn't know him that well but he was a lovely lad. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

RIP Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

Just thought I should let people know the funeral arrangements..

Wake all day Tues 9th of Dec, in their house in letterkenny.
    Funeral at 12pm Wed 10th of December.

He was the the best friend we could have asked for, always there for everyone, laid back and full of fun. We've been sharing stories about him and all of them have had everyone in stitches laughing. He will never be forgotten and taught us all so much. R.I.P Alan, I'm so glad to have known you while i could.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

RIP Alan...

Keeping his family and friends in my thoughts during the days and weeks ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭budthedub

RTP Alan,

Never knew him, saw Alans picture all around town. My heart goes out to his family and friends. :( xx

Advertisement