Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Mountain Snow 29.10.08

Options
  • 29-10-2008 7:09pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A few pics from my drive from Enniskerry to Rathfarnham today. Sorry, not a patch on the Wicklow boys!

291008003.jpg
    This inspired the drive!

291008005.jpg

291008007.jpg

291008008.jpg

291008009.jpg

291008010.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fair play Docarch, braver man than me driving in those conditions.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Great photo's

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Fair play Docarch, braver man than me driving in those conditions.

Yeah - first few pics are on the Pine Forest Road, I detoured off my route and the second last one is heading/looking up towards Sally Gap and Kippure - didn't go any further than that - turned around there!

On turning met 3 boy racer cars (the usual 12 year old Starlets, etc). with 6 capped occuppants flying up the road cutting up the snow.......saps!!! Wouldn't surprise me if they're in the ditch now! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

http://kippure.piczo.com/octobersnow2008?cr=3&linkvar=000044

Link to my site, check out the 4 pictures october snow 2008

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Kippure wrote: »
    http://kippure.piczo.com/octobersnow2008?cr=3&linkvar=000044

Link to my site, check out the 4 pictures october snow 2008

Great shots - you've obviously got the wheels to get up there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Great shots - you've obviously got the wheels to get up there!

Some crack spinning around. Thats the snow Beast, even got the snow tyres...There was a good 6 inchs in places, Down old military road, and back towards round wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,289 ✭✭✭arctictree

Lovely pics there!

I hear the sally gap was closed earlier because some feckin bus decided to take a trip up there! Did you see any of that? I was seriously thinking of taking a spin up there earlier. Maybe tomorrow.

No buses to be seen - didn't go that far - only people I saw were aforementioned boy racers!

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

great photos

Advertisement