Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebaybanned now selling minigun

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

When news of the Echo1 minigun came out a few months back everyone (including me) assumed it would be a relatively cheap affair. Guess not...

Oh well...

Highly impractical for skirmishing but still want one :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

lol., yeah id love one, but id probably never use it and 2500yoyo's on something i'll never use is a bit far fetched.,

but its cool......
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

It's too much for one person to put in for - but a team or site (for specific scenarios) and you could be on to something...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

There is of course the running costs ... logic being that if you can afford to buy one, you can afford to run it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Lemming wrote: »
    There is of course the running costs ... logic being that if you can afford to buy one, you can afford to run it.

No not necessarily someone could save up buy it and then feel like a muppet because they cant use it until they get enough money to use one and then we can all point and laugh:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Evolute wrote: »
    No not necessarily someone could save up buy it and then feel like a muppet because they cant use it until they get enough money to use one and then we can all point and laugh:D

You're going to point and laugh at the guy who owns the minigun?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

o1s1n wrote: »

Sure ... while its non-operational :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

o1s1n wrote: »

yes :pac:

whats he gonna do? shoot us?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure he could run around and get ''bang'' kills, actually no you wouldn't be running, the thing weights 18kg.:D Someone make a lego midstorms kit for it and turn it into a sentry gun, it would like playing Golden Eye on the N64.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,594 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

A day will come when it IS operational. Then I'll be laughing at all of ye :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

Sure he could run around and get ''bang'' kills, actually no you wouldn't be running, the thing weights 18kg.:D Someone make a lego midstorms kit for it and turn it into a sentry gun, it would like playing Golden Eye on the N64.
    funnily enough, my prototype sentry is done with mindstorms, primer for the real thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

hahaha, 3500...er...no...

thats too much even for great lines like 'say hello to ole painless....'

would be nice to be used in berget next year since they will have a chopper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Sure ... while its non-operational :D

Exactly point laugh shoot him while he cant hehe fun fun fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

would love to see the schematics for it and see how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

There had better be midcaps available for it...

Oh piss off you....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭goodlad

One of my mates made his own airsoft minugun from scratch!
    The thing rocks! lol!

He stuck a vid of it on youtube when he finally got it working. Will poke him now and post the link in a little while.

Here is the link! http://www.youtube.com/user/karlitog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

the one on you tube only does 25rps thats just not enough

thye echo does 50rps which is ok

seems like it'd be fun thing for a site to buy

The guy built it himself. 25rps is plenty respectable for a DIY job. Cut him some slack.

50rps is ok? Just ok? What ROF are you getting on your AEGs? 50 is borderline too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

Sexy ... would look well mounted on the "Blackhawk" in S.A.C.

As for ROF: 50 rps sucks, needs to do 100+

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

As for ROF: 50 rps sucks, needs to do 100+

You wouldn't be saying that if you where on the receiving end.
    3,000rds per min is very respectable.

You wouldn't be saying that if you where on the receiving end.
    3,000rds per min is very respectable.

For that price tag i'd want a gun that would make people soil themselves. 6000 rpm would do that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

For that price tag i'd want a gun that would make people soil themselves. 6000 rpm would do that :D

Higher the RoF, higher the chance of malfunctions. 6k rds per min, imagine the feed jamb. You'd also need a shopping trolley to carry your day's supply of bb's.

At 3000rpm, it'll deplete it's 1700 round magazine (of which there are no spares) in 34 seconds.
    At 6000rpm, it'll deplete it's 1700 round magazine in 17 seconds.
    I might be on my own here, but I'm willing to wait thirty-odd seconds for the user to run out of ammo.

Oh, just to a perspective, the real one (that shoots down aircraft and is mounted on helicopters and ships) is fixed at 4000rpm, with a variable down to 2000rpm.

Higher the RoF, higher the chance of malfunctions. 6k rds per min, imagine the feed jamb. You'd also need a shopping trolley to carry your day's supply of bb's.

But as long as you look cool and continue to get a high every time you fire it that's the important thing :D

NakedDex wrote:
    Oh, just to a perspective, the real one (that shoots down aircraft and is mounted on helicopters and ships) is fixed at 4000rpm, with a variable down to 2000rpm.

With some variants it's 3000 & 6000rpm.

Sexy ... would look well mounted on the "Blackhawk" in S.A.C.

Isnt that a nissan micra?

I think it would look retty silly mounted on a micra to be honest., lol

On Gatling guns, yes. Not on the M134a which the echo1 model is based on. Don't believe everything you read on wikipedia.

vtec wrote: »
    Isnt that a nissan micra?
    I think it would look retty silly mounted on a micra to be honest., lol

I'll mount it to my micra, dare you to say it looks pretty silly then, when you're staring down the barrels and my finger is hovering over the trigger! :D
    NakedDex wrote:
    Not on the M134a which the echo1 model is based on...

Fair enough, I didn't even check the numbers, only time for 'hit and run' posts today.

yeah but here., you'd still be driving a micra....

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

NakedDex wrote: »
    The guy built it himself. 25rps is plenty respectable for a DIY job. Cut him some slack.

50rps is ok? Just ok? What ROF are you getting on your AEGs? 50 is borderline too high.

i get up to 23-24 on my fastest aeg but it cost about €250 = three hours in total with all the upgrades

i would like to think that for ten times that i'd get at least 50 so 50 is ok

in fairness when one dual wields decent aegs they are putting out over 40rps

so 50 rps for €2,500 is ok

Advertisement