Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-08-2008, 13:45   #1
Malice

Send a message via Skype™ to Malice
Play DoTA Against the Computer

This may be old news to most of you but I didn't know you could do this so maybe it'll help out someone else reading this board. Anyway, I first took a look at DoTA about 2 years ago and got nowhere with it. Online play was very difficult because I didn't know anyone and the games themselves seemed infested with players who were no help and in most cases very abusive. I tried occasionally to play it at LANs but since no one else knew anything about it, we very quickly went back to Counterstrike and Quake.

Anyway, today I was browsing around the DoTA forum and I noticed that there is a version of the map available where you can play against the computer. It can be downloaded from this link.

I had a quick game there with me and five bots and while I very quickly got my hero killed, at least I can simulate the online multiplayer experience without all the abusive tossers! Now I just have to start reading here and here.

Hopefully when I've learnt enough not to embarrass myself, I'll join up with my fellow Boardsies .
Advertisement
04-08-2008, 14:58   #2
Kinetic^
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by malice_ View Post
Hopefully when I've learnt enough not to embarrass myself, I'll join up with my fellow Boardsies .
It's ok, you'll easily be better then me. I promise! Add a few of the guys from the thread above and join one of the channels mentioned (snow or drama) seem to be used more.
04-08-2008, 15:11   #3
Malice

Send a message via Skype™ to Malice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinetic^ View Post
It's ok, you'll easily be better then me. I promise! Add a few of the guys from the thread above and join one of the channels mentioned (snow or drama) seem to be used more.
I'll log onto Battle.net later and see what's going on. I'll probably have to register a new username as I haven't played online in quite a while .
04-08-2008, 23:36   #4
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Send a message via AIM to Tar.Aldarion
Ah, don't worry you can play with me or others that will accept you. The computer thing is handy though, not that I have played it. If they abuse you be colourful with your language.
20-08-2008, 02:23   #5
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

Send a message via AIM to Tar.Aldarion
My net conn is gone to crap so I have played against the computer which is fun, I love the gank command. Let's get em boys!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion