Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keane V Berbatov [One big happy merged thread]

• 05-08-2008 4:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭

Stemming from a debate in one of the Threads. With Keane already Departed and Berbatov looking on his way. Who would you prefer to have in your team and Why?

Edit: If people don't vote for Keane, please do not turn into you have insulted us all, high horse thread. Thank You.

Keane or Berbatov 43 votes

Keane
    0%
    Berbatov
    100%
    IllkillyaKulganThanx 4 The FishSamuraisuper_furryDaveHzAbboLizardKingmachiavellianmePigman IIAbdielChardee MacDennismicksxabichopperbyrneKarmafaerieLister1emc2~Rebel~sweetie 43 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Berbatov
    Voted Keane but then thinking about it my team needs a target man type player more really so I'd have to pick Berbatov for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Berbatov - his passing is more intelligent, his technique and touch are better and he's better in the air, giving you more options. Maybe not quite as clinical a finisher but even on that front, I'm not quite sure I'd put Keane out ahead (and certainly not by much). For me, Keane's only clear "lead" is in workrate but with Berbatov's skill up front, I wouldn't necessarily want him working back beyond the halfway line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd take Berbatov over Keane any day. He offers a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Boggles wrote: »
    Stemming from a debate in one of the Threads. With Keane already Departed and Berbatov looking on his way. Who would you prefer to have in your team and Why?

Edit: If people don't vote for Keane, please do not turn into you have insulted us all, high horse thread. Thank You.

Personally I'd go with Roy but since he's retired, crocked and has a new job I don't see any way back for him.

Robbie suits Liverpools squad and Berb suits Man Utd squad (if he ends up going there). Robbie at Utd wouldn't work with Rooney/Tevez already dropping deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,554 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jaykay74 wrote: »
    Robbie suits Liverpools squad and Berb suits Man Utd squad (if he ends up going there). Robbie at Utd wouldn't work with Rooney/Tevez already dropping deep.

Berbatov can drop deep aswell in fairness, he has a fantastic assist record in the league.

22 Assists just in the league in 2 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Its a tough one. Berbatov is definitely more talented and more skilful but his attitude would really really annoy me. Keanes football may not be as easy on the eye but his record is just as good as Berbatovs.

Hmm - I'd have to think about it a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Berbatov
    Berbatov is the laziest striker in the Premiership.
    With the obvious exception of Mark "what does run off the ball mean" Viduka.

Look at all of the best strikers.

Rooney
    Torres
    Drogba
    Teves
    etc...

All run like horses.
    And look like they want the ball.

Berba came to Spurs and benifited imensly from Keanes form.
    Keane does all the work for him.
    Berba never tracks back, never fights for the ball, and never looks interested in helping the team.

While they've been at Spurs, Keanes record has been better, even though he has to do half of Berba's job for him!

Berbatov
    Season_______________Games____________Goals
    2006-07________________33_______________23
    2007-08________________36_______________23

Total __________________69_______________46

Keane
    Season_______________Games____________Goals
    2006–07________________27_______________22
    2007–08________________36_______________23

Total __________________63_______________45

Without Keane to babysit him, Berba will have a bad season if he stays with Spurs.

Simple question really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Younger
    Taller
    Stronger
    Better Touch
    More Goals for clubs and country
    [spits]ferguson[/spits] like him so which says a lot.

Obviously better than keane but for Liverpool keane is a better signing with the setup Benitez is trying. (Still not worth 20m--- here come the limerick mob to deny my right to an opinion ;-))))))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'd rather Keane and Torres, over Torres and Barbatov. So Keane :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,884 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Should wait and see if Berbatov moves to Manu first before the Manu/Pool bitch fest begins.

• Advertisement

While they've been at Spurs, Keanes record has been better, even though he has to do half of Berba's job for him!

Just the league in the past 2 seasons.

Berbatov 27 goals, 22 Assists.

Keane 26 Goals, 10 Assists.

To suggest Keane is doing Berbatovs job for him is ridiculous, Berbatov has laid on more goals for Keane than vice versa.

Berbatov plays the majority of the time up top, you don't expect your lone striker to be clearing balls off the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Berbatov
    Its a horses for courses debate imo.

For liverpool, in a 4-4-2 id probably go with berbatov, but in any other system, such as the most likely 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, i'd go keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Berbatov for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Berbatov
    Keane because he's Irish

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Berbatov, obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Younger

He is barely 5 months younger....

For Liverpool, I would prefer Keane. It is not that I rate Keane as a better player as such. I just think he will fit in better, is virtually the same age, costs half the amount and over the past 2 or so years, has a superior goals to game ratio.

I think I am going to go start an argument on the United thread suggesting that United should be trying to buy Messi instead of making the loan deal for Tevez permanent. Then I will start a thread with a poll titled - Messi or Tevez?

I generally don't mind most of your post Boggles and find the many accusations of trolling to be quite funny. Between your assertions yesterday that Alonso was a backup player for Liverpool last season and the simplistic nature of this thread that lacks any real context, I really do wonder what it is you are trying to achieve.

costs half the amount

I doubt Berbatov will be sold for 40 million.
    I think I am going to go start an argument on the United thread suggesting that United should be trying to buy Messi instead of making the loan deal for Tevez permanent. Then I will start a thread with a poll titled - Messi or Tevez?
    I generally don't mind most of your post Boggles and find the many accusations of trolling to be quite funny. Between your assertions yesterday that Alonso was a backup player for Liverpool last season and the simplistic nature of this thread that lacks any real context, I really do wonder what it is you are trying to achieve.

I didn't start the debate, it was between 2 Liverpool fans and it wasn't my idea for this thread.

Stop taking everthing so bloody personally, it is a reasoned debate, there is no need to attack me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Berbatov
    I personally wouldn't take either, [fights back hordes] but even going back to his Leverkusen days I haven't rated Berbatov [/fights back hordes], so Keane by a fingernail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Great, just the catalyst needed to start my Anderson vs Lucas, Vidic vs Skrtel, Ronaldo vs Torres and Rooney vs Gerrard threads!

Stop taking everthing so bloody personally, it is a reasoned debate, there is no need to attack me.

I am not taking it personal and I didn't attack you personally either.

The argument is reasonable. How the question was asked isn't.

• Advertisement

The argument is reasonable. How the question was asked isn't.

Jesus get over it, it's not like the power of Satan compelled you to click on the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

At the risk of being accused of being a bitter Spurs fan because Keane left and Berbatov is still there (for the moment...;)), though it's worth pointing out I spent the 2nd half in Rotterdam on Sunday vs Dortmund calling him a lazy Bulgarian *&%$...

Berbatov every time. He can play as a lone forward, or as either the provider or goalscorer of a forward two. He's a better header of the ball and can hold a ball up better. Crucially, his movement off the ball is far better.

That said, Berbatov is unlikely to do most if not all of the above if he's not motivated, which he is unlikely to be if he stays at Spurs.

Just as satan didn't compel you to to read my post that criticised how you asked the question.

Just as satan didn't compel you to to read my post that criticised how you asked the question.

I'll tell you so, what exactly is the problem you have with the question and I will rephrase it. No Probs.

Boggles, you sure are getting in a lot of arguments lately. I dont understand it though, I could never argue with someone with a name so damn adorable as Boggles.

I got yo' back homie.

Archimedes wrote: »
    getting in a lot of arguments lately.

lately? i dont think ive ever seen him post on this forum when not in an arguement.

and yes the point of this thread is to say that man utd's prospective new striker is better then the striker liverpool just bought.
    wat else can u expect from the Manchester United Vs. Liverpool Forum featuring the League of Ireland ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Berbatov
    Archimedes wrote: »
    Vidic vs Skrtel

Sir, I will pay you good money to see this fight!

Jazzy wrote: »
    lately? i dont think ive ever seen him post on this forum when not in an arguement.

and yes the point of this thread is to say that man utd's prospective new striker is better then the striker liverpool just bought.
    wat else can u expect from the Manchester United Vs. Liverpool Forum featuring the League of Ireland ?

United have pulled interest on Berbatov because Spurs were asking too much. I'd be pretty convinced they have turned their attentions elsewhere, I'd stake money on it being Huntalaer.

I wish just once we could have a debate on here without certain supporters tightening their panties.

It is not the place to discuss me or anything else not relevant to Keane or Berbatov, start your own thread if you want to do that, probably the ladies lounge would be most appropriate for some of ye.

United have pulled interest on Berbatov because Spurs were asking too much. I'd be pretty convinced they have turned their attentions elsewhere, I'd stake money on it being Huntalaer.

yes cos utd have never ever been connected with berb. not for the past year or anything.

berbatov is clearly the more skillfull and more in demand player (linked with Barca, AC etc.) whereas when Keane wanted to leave he was linked with only one club. do u think milan or barca would be more interested in keane or berbatov ?

so there ya go professor. case closed. berbatov is the better player... why? cos these big money clubs with professionally paid scouting networks and so forth know far better wat they are doing then anyone on this forum.
    so why was this thread started? and dont give me gibberish about "loose debate with all the hustle bustle style of the 1990s".
    i couldnt give a toss about who is better between the 2 players as its obvious, but i do give a toss about ppl opening threads just to try and get under the skin of various supporters (in ur case boggles, pool fans) with the undertones of "debate and discussion". as alan partridge and his friend Dan would say - "thats saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad"

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    as alan partridge and his friend Dan would say - "thats saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad"

back of the net!

Advertisement