My fiancée & I are first-time buyers and are very interested in a particular property. We're tentatively scheduled in for a second viewing next this week / early next week, but we've already discussed what we'd offer (amongst ourselves, not with the Estate Agent!).
So, I'm just looking for some advice on the order we approach things:
1. Should I get a surveyor in before we make a bid? Or should we wait until we go "sale agreed" before getting a surveyor? I'm leaning more towards the the latter since the booking deposit should be refundable (should we find out some hideous secret in the survey)
2. Roughly how long will it take for the surveyor to look at the place? Do we need to set aside a few hours for them, or can they just contact the Estate Agent and organise a time for themselves?
3. I want to ask how long it usually takes for the surveyor to get back with a report, but of course this will be different in every case. At a guess though, what have people's experiences been? A few days? Weeks?