Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick question

Options
  • 21-07-2008 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

I have second provisional and it is out of date by two years (have not been driving).

Going to apply for renewal to a second driving permit.

According to citizen information site, 'a one year learner permit will be granted if you submit evidence of a forthcoming test date'.

Does this just mean the intial letter from the driving test people that you have applied for a test? Because there is no date on the letter when you recieve it?

surely it cannot mean the letter with the date, cause you only get that a couple of weeks before the test?

Cheers one and all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Ohyeah wrote: »
    Hi,

I have second provisional and it is out of date by two years (have not been driving).

Going to apply for renewal to a second driving permit.

According to citizen information site, 'a one year learner permit will be granted if you submit evidence of a forthcoming test date'.

Does this just mean the intial letter from the driving test people that you have applied for a test? Because there is no date on the letter when you recieve it?

surely it cannot mean the letter with the date, cause you only get that a couple of weeks before the test?

Cheers one and all.

I used the initial letter, I'm fairly certain that's acceptable generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Well that's proof that you've applied for your test. You should be okay to apply for another *Learner Permit* with that.

Advertisement