Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Back

Options
  • 04-02-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

someone prob know the answer here.

last year was on dole until April- worked in one job for two months May-June and then worked in another job from June until end of the year.

Do you think I would get any tax back this year? Or would all the tax been paid back in my wages when I started the first job in May or the second job in June?

Is there any way I can find out quickly?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Ring Revenue and ask, if you want a quick and definitive answer. It won't let me link directly to the page but if you go to revenue.ie, there's a link on the right hand side of the page called 'Contact Us' or 'Contact Locator' or something, and if you click it, it will give you the correct number to ring for your area.

Good luck, hope you get some back

• Registered Users Posts: 9 muffee

Your employer would have taken that into consideration in your wages, from April onwards, so long as you weren't on emergency tax. You can ring the tax office, PAYE section and get them to double check it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Can the Revenue refund tax directly into your bank account without you claiming it yourself? I know my boss filed the P35 there so if I was owed anything he would have worked it out for me. Money went into my account yesterday and I have no idea where it came from so I was wondering if this is a reasonable explanation.

Advertisement