Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car checked over

Options
  • 24-01-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of buying a car thats located in Monaghan.We've agreed a price over the phone but before I travel all the way (im in Cork) I wanna get it checked out by a professional

Is there someone who provides this service ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

The AA will do it - or you could engage an independent automobile assesor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

theres a garage ive dealt with before in monaghan, TP Smith, and ya could get them to check out the car for a fee, otherwise get a full AA report

Got the number here somewhere for TP Smith....047 81576

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Barr wrote: »
    Im thinking of buying a car thats located in Monaghan.We've agreed a price over the phone but before I travel all the way (im in Cork) I wanna get it checked out by a professional

Is there someone who provides this service ?

I think the best idea is to ring around Monaghan and see if you can mechanic to meet you at the time and place.

Id also suggest posting in the Monaghan form under Rec section, you may get someone over there who can suggest someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

theres a garage ive dealt with before in monaghan, TP Smith, and ya could get them to check out the car for a fee, otherwise get a full AA report

Got the number here somewhere for TP Smith....047 81576

thats a good idea , Is that a main dealer or independent garage.

The AA seems expensive and dont know if its worth it has the car im thinking of is not that expensive.

Barr wrote: »
    thats a good idea , Is that a main dealer or independent garage.

The AA seems expensive and dont know if its worth it has the car im thinking of is not that expensive.

there an independant garage that sells motors and does service as well. Dropped into them a few times and the guys are sound, and my neighbour get his cars from there and says he's very happy with serivce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Cartell.ie or your local mechanic

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Erm....In all sincerity how can you agree a price on a car on the phone without having seen it or driven it?

Erm....In all sincerity how can you agree a price on a car on the phone without having seen it or driven it?

because I wont find a cheaper one , provided the mechanic gives it the all clear its good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Where in Monaghan is the vehicle? T.P. Smith is just outside Monaghan town, is a fairly stand-up guy but is in the Car sales game.

Patrick Rehill (Smithboro - about 5 miles Clones side of Monaghan) is good, honest reliable mehanic (not Car Sales) 047 57064

Ted Brennan Motors (Car Sales & Service) Annyalla (about 8 miles south of Monaghan town on Dublin side) 042 9740618

De Hipster wrote: »
    Where in Monaghan is the vehicle? T.P. Smith is just outside Monaghan town, is a fairly stand-up guy but is in the Car sales game.

Patrick Rehill (Smithboro - about 5 miles Clones side of Monaghan) is good, honest reliable mehanic (not Car Sales) 047 57064

Ted Brennan Motors (Car Sales & Service) Annyalla (about 8 miles south of Monaghan town on Dublin side) 042 9740618

Its in the town centre but I'm sure he would'nt find travelling abit outside to take it to a mechanic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

My family use Patrick Rehill, reliable & not in Car Sales, so no vested interest etc.

De Hipster wrote: »
    My family use Patrick Rehill, reliable & not in Car Sales, so no vested interest etc.

yea ive used paddy rehill since i could drive. sound guy, but may not be able to travel to see the car cos he's flat out at the mo. gettin car serviced with him in few weeks. but its worth a call.

Advertisement