Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Harris Statue, Bedford Row

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

phog wrote:
    My argument about the positioning is that I think he should be facing O'Connell St, this way in photographs you'd have a nicer picture than the blank window of BOI in the background, iirc Phil Lynott is so positioned tho' he is in a tiny side street.

With regards to Sarsfield yes he should be moved, again from a photgraphy point of view it's almost impossible to get a decent picture as he is locked into a tiny square.

I don't think that the positioning is permanent.
    Don't forget that a large portion of O'Connell St. is due to be pedestrianised, and I've heard that the statue may not be staying where it is after that.

I also heard that auld Paddy Sarsfield is supposed to be moved and placed in the middle of Cathederal Place once it's been done up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Crea

Not too gone on the statue. I think he's remembered better for later movies but maybe his family wanted him remembered as a young man which is no bad thing.
    At least it's not the one in Kilkee, completely out of proportion and odd looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Crea wrote:
    Not too gone on the statue. I think he's remembered better for later movies but maybe his family wanted him remembered as a young man which is no bad thing.
    At least it's not the one in Kilkee, completely out of proportion and odd looking.

Crea ...... I think you have come up with a solution ..... :rolleyes:

Move the $$$$$$$$$$ thing down to Kilkee ...... the sea air might disintegrate it .... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Would Sarsfield Bridge not be better than Cathedral Square for Sarsfield???? Appropriate.

The Current statue could then be moved to Arthur's Quay Park??

Advertisement