Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble in Paradise Vs Big Bow Wow

Options
  • 01-02-2007 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has Trouble in Paradise passed out The Big Bow Wow as being Ireland's worst drama ever??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well if it hasn't, it's certainly close! But I just had to switch off TiP where as with BBW I just sat there with my jaw dropped and my eyes wide wondering how in the name of god this could be allowed.

Suddenly Dan and Becs isn't as bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ah now, Trouble in Paradise isin't the best but its not nearly as bad a the big bow wow.

Tom jordan murphy is a saving grace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 countrygirl15

Tom Murphy is a fantastic actor but I don't think he can save this programme.... I'm going to tune in again Monday to see if my opinion changes.... I wouldn't hold my breath tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Ah now, Trouble in Paradise isin't the best but its not nearly as bad a the big bow wow.

Tom jordan murphy is a saving grace.

trouble in paradise makes the big bow wow look like citizen kane

the bow wow was watchable and contempory

this crap is not so much stuck in a time warp , more like another dimension
    doesnt know what it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

One word "pony" aka the drug they made up on The Big Bow Wow because despite the fact they were "cool/hip and with it" they were too scared to actually have their characters do a real drug. Or go to a real night club. That had other people...

So no. Nothing could ever be that bad. I mean the only dealer of pony in Ireland was a transition year student on the south bound dart. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

for me , deciding on the quality of a drama does not hinge on how authentically the issue of drugs are presented within the story

your dwelling to much on a minor part of the story

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

irish_bob wrote:
    for me , deciding on the quality of a drama does not hinge on how authentically the issue of drugs are presented within the story

your dwelling to much on a minor part of the story

Funniest RTE Drama Ever - Unfortunatly its because of Bad accents - Bad Acting and well......Bad Everything. Another waste of money and my high opinion of angeline ball has just plummeted quicker than tv3s ratings of "The Box" and "The Brendan Courtney Show" Put together:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Does anyone knows where I can watch episodes of The Big Bow Wow online, I never seen it before, as soon as I saw the adds for it when it was starting up I decided it would be too cringeworthy to sit through but recently I've heard so many people refer to how bad it was that I really want to see what the big deal is. I tried you tube and google but as expected I couldn't find anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I'd also love the chance at a cringe fest. Who knows? The BBW might become a cult hit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

and Elvis Presley might become a saint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I thought The Big Bow Wow was good actually.. :o I haven't seen Trouble In Paradise. Dan and Becs isn't great to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Trouble in Paradise is dire.

What ratings is it getting?

Deplorable.

No lessons seem to have been learnt from the Big Bow wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

irish_bob wrote:
    trouble in paradise makes the big bow wow look like citizen kane

the bow wow was watchable and contempory

this crap is not so much stuck in a time warp , more like another dimension
    doesnt know what it is

Agreed. However bad the Big Bow Wow was, Trouble in Paradise is much worse. Makes you wonder how sh*t like it got made in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

wait a second has everybody forgotton how bad Pure Mule and On Home Ground were?On Home Ground was like a feature lenght barrys tea advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

wait a second has everybody forgotton how bad Pure Mule and On Home Ground were?On Home Ground was like a feature lenght barrys tea advert.
    I think Pure Mule was very good. It really portrayed some of the issues affecting young people in rural Ireland really well. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Pure Mule moved me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is Trouble in Paradise that muck that was on before Lost on Monday night? I was at a friends house and we had no idea what we were watching but they're limited to RTE and TV3 and he was waiting for Lost.

Anyway, whatever that was, it was rubbish. I can't compare it to the Big Bow Wow as I never watched that, the name alone made me believe it was going to be crap. I did however give Pure Mule a chance and it was pure shíte. So if Pure Mule was better than Big Bow Wow then I'd have to say that Paradise and Bow Wow are on level pegging in the Ultimo-Crappio TV stakes.

I'm surprised an RTE bashing thread has gone this far without someone accusing us all of jumping on the band wagon. Like the only reason anyone slates RTE's programming is because "all the cool kids are doing it", and not because it's actually dire.
    On Home Ground was like a feature lenght barrys tea advert.
    I never realised that was an actual program, I always thought the ads for it were ads for Barry's Tea!

Advertisement