Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Toy Show

Options
  • 27-11-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Aw werent the kiddies great on the show last nite with pat....

Most of the little darlings had more talent then any of those wannabees on the x factor :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

pat kenny looked like a big perv with all those children!!! he should be shot with his own sh!t he is after ruining the toyshow!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watched an hour of it while waiting for jonathan ross to begin and came to the conclusion that Pat Kenny doesnt belong to tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

The toyshow is ruined the last few years. All it is, is look at the cute toy puppy that sits and barks/sings/craps. Classic example some wannabe celeb was on with her two year old son? showing off educational toys/singing Barney toys and her little fellow heads off, finds a digger and brings it back to play. Does muppet Kenny or wannabe mammy drop the crap edutainment kit and say well here's a real toy that real kids like, no not bloody likely. Too much rubbish, too much music / entertainment not enough toys.

P.S. watching video this morning the only bit my two year old liked was just after this when Barney the purple spawn of the devil came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rattlor

Is it someone new doing Dustin's voice? He sound different and completely **** now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yea dustin is really toned down since the days when i was a kiddie , i thought he used do way more slaggin on people did he not?least they wadnt too much flippin singin on it this year , not as much as usual anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

No Billy Barry kids this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

P.S. watching video this morning the only bit my two year old liked was just after this when Barney the purple spawn of the devil came on.

Taped it for the kids last night. Played it for them this morning while I was doing some bits and pieces. Next thing I hear lots of Aghs and Ohhhs coming from the TV in the sitting room! RTE had some bloody film on after it that was definatly not suitible for 3 and 4 year olds. :eek: :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well it was on a Friday night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

True. Totally my fault but I bet I wasn't the only one this happened to. Anyway, I let my wife explain that one.:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

There's a repeat on today, right now in fact....

• Advertisement

thank god they got rid of those bloody billy barry kids!! , I want the spiderman belt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

My fav bits from the toy show:
    1. Pat says " But you can have lots of fun with barbie, you can take off all her clothes...."
    2. Pat holds up a giant Bratz doll and the little girls' eyes widen like saucers, the then promptly ushers them off the stage.
    3. The girl makes the snowdome of pat with a giant pink thing in his hands.
    4.everytime something went wrong, like when the bouncy castle wouldm't inflate.
    Of course nothing will beat last year when he asked the little blind boy did the brail book have lots of nice pictures in it. Jesus h christ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    Of course nothing will beat last year when he asked the little blind boy did the brail book have lots of nice pictures in it. Jesus h christ.

LOL! The girl (forgot where she was from) who spoke like she was much older than her years who was demonstrating some make-up products cracked me up this year. She told Pat the tattoo she'd put on him would last 2-3 months, and on seeing his horrified face, added: "Ah, I'm only buzzin' wit ya!"

Toy-wise, not as impressed by the Robosapiens as I expected to be, though their dancing in unison was cool. Best product I saw demo'd was that "Pick Me" PC/animation game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

No way is it even half as good as when Gay used to do it.

And I agree... thank God they got rid of those annoying Billy Barry kids!!

hey did they watergun the audience this time ?they used ta

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    hey did they watergun the audience this time ?they used ta

Ha ha! Dont think they did Im afraid =)

Pat did have this gun thing though that was shotting foam things into the audience, Pat thought this was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Nasty_Girl wrote:
    1. Pat says " But you can have lots of fun with barbie, you can take off all her clothes...."
    2. Pat holds up a giant Bratz doll and the little girls' eyes widen like saucers, the then promptly ushers them off the stage.

Class...This brought me a few chuckles!

aww there meant a wet the audience , bouhou

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I never really liked Gay doing the Toy show. I think its the only part of the Late Late that Pat does well.

He should have continued with the newcomers show each new year. He only did that once, I thought it was a good idea. Would like to see it for 2005.

Bring back the Antiques and the Inventions show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Nasty_Girl wrote:

A-HA! Partridge-esque (I wish I'd seen it now)

alan3.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement