Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I cancel my Aer Lingus credit card?

Options
  • 12-04-2021 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello,

What is the procedure to cancel my credit card as I'll be leaving Ireland soon?

Thanks,
    Bruno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

bleal1906 wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks,
    Bruno
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To cancel the credit card account we would recommend that you contact our credit card services team on 0818 251 251 and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will be more than happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bleal1906

Hello,

Thanks,
    Bruno
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. To cancel the credit card account we would recommend that you contact our credit card services team on 0818 251 251 and one of our colleagues here will be more than happy to help with this.

The team is available from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and will be more than happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen
    Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Before cancelling the credit card I want to know how can I pay the credit card outside the direct debit process. Before switching to 365 I was able to pay anytime using my debit card as I'm not a Bank of Ireland customer.

I ask this because before cancelling my Aer Lingus Credit Card I will cancel my bank account in Ireland and so I need a process to pay the credit card afterwards.

Thanks,
    Bruno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you do not have a direct debit on the card, you can pay the card through lodgement at an LATM, or by bank transfer from another bank. We've attached a link with some more information here. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bleal1906

Thank you very much for the reply.

I just did a transfer to pay the outstanding amount on my credit card but unfortunately I forgot to put the credit card number in the reference box.

Is there any way to contact BoI to ensure that this transfer is assigned to my credit card balance?

Thanks,
    Bruno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Thank you very much for the reply.

I just did a transfer to pay the outstanding amount on my credit card but unfortunately I forgot to put the credit card number in the reference box.

Is there any way to contact BoI to ensure that this transfer is assigned to my credit card balance?

Thanks,
    Bruno
    Thanks for getting back to us Bruno and we're sorry to hear this. If you still have access to the app, you can certainly check this with our colleagues by selecting "services" > "send us a message". One of our colleagues will be happy to help. Alternatively, our colleagues are available on 1890251251 and can also help.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement
Advertisement