Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

100X Club

• 31-03-2021 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Not sure if this will work but worth a shot, anyone interested in a "wisdom of crowds" line of thinking where each month (roughly) those want to participate identify and discuss potential high growth stocks and take a small punt on the "winner" and keep it up monthly by picking a new new one each month and tracking the picks.

Different levels of understanding, research etc could converge to give us a well reasoned stock and off we go

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭TalleyRand83

Not getting any love but I'll try kick it off and see if it garners any debate of small cap potentially high growth stock.

In my own head these are little gambles that would be great if one came off, better value than sticking €50 on a paddypower bet once a month.

Anyways, my own mention to get the ball rolling is: Trillium Therapeutics (NASDAQ:TRIL), unashamedly robbed from fool.com but interesting premise that they are looking to disrupt the cancer treatment world by challenging chemo as a therapy. All early day trial stage but worth a nomination here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

This probably won't 100x but Vela Technologies (Vela.L) is an investment firm with a number of holdings but particularly Mode and SGS.
    Mode is the crypto app mentioned in the share picks thread and SGS is a medical charity that has an interesting drug nearing end of P2 trials. A diabetes tablet to control blood glucose which also reduces lung inflammation, which means it could have secondary uses in covid patients. Lung inflammation being one of the main causes of COVID related deaths.

Mode is expected to release its 'super app' soon and SGS should have P2 results in the coming weeks.

It also has a small position in Cornerstone, a payment system for SMEs, which announced it's intention to IPO APril 6th.

Vela is currently 0.075p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Realistically, there aren't many companies bigger than $100bn, so to 100x we have to keep it to companies with under $bn market cap today, preferably closer to $200-500m

In that range in my portfolio currently I've got:
    Cielo
    Dario Health

And looking to add Mode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Very very hard to find 100X. You will back a lot of duds on the way and probably sell out too early out of the one that does do it.
    With a lot of research, and good knowledge of the market you can begin to narrow it down, but most folks won't do that, instead they keep chopping and changing running after the tiktok stock pickers, next great Crypto or whatever boiler room stock that youtube folks are shilling.

Very very hard to find 100X. You will back a lot of duds on the way and probably sell out too early out of the one that does do it.
    With a lot of research, and good knowledge of the market you can begin to narrow it down, but most folks won't do that, instead they keep chopping and changing running after the tiktok stock pickers, next great Crypto or whatever boiler room stock that youtube folks are shilling.

No one going to be fired for picking an 70x stock! 100X just a catchy name.

If we get to actually making a monthly pick I’ll be happy to throw €50 or €100 at it and not sell as you rightly say most will be duds.....but always a chance we get one that’s a flyer. A small monthly punt is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I'll go first :)

Aviat Networks (AVNW). No idea if it's a 100x or close (could just be a 2x for all I know), but it's in a growing sector with wireless/5G (and thinking beyond 5G). Earnings grew by 128% in the last year and are expected to grow ~25% per year. It's been knocking estimates out of the park. $429m market cap. Balance sheet is healthy. Big con is that it already had a huge 10x spike since this time last year. That said there's a nice base of holders in the $60-70 range (it's currently at $77) so it's got a platform to grow from.

They are in the middle of a 2-1 stock split with the additional shares being distributed on the 7th April. I'm not sure what that means for anyone who buys before then (only those holding on the 1st will get the additional shares).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

Nice idea!
    I'll 2nd Cielo. Have already bought, it's only hovered since though. Think if they scale as planned they have the tech to be a real game changer. Announced some news yday RE buying warrants out early but don't think it'll make much difference. CA gov also announced some positive tax cred news yday so that could be great for Cielo.

Others which may have potential and that I'm watching are
    Guild esports - 5p/share - esports team mgt company, just announced subway deal, growing market - not sure it'll go 10x though.
    Riverfort Global Op - 2p/share - investment company, mainly minerals O&G, also recently into Defi including investment in Pluto which looks like it could be great
    Predator O&G - 12p/share - drills ongoing in Morocco, if one hits it could explode in value. Also potential to solve Irish LNG offshore storage as we change to renewables. Other opportunities in Trinidad too. I'm invested here and quietly confident!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

What’s the ticker for cielo folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Ixlandia

What’s the ticker for cielo folks?

It’s on Degiro trading on the Frankfurt exchange in euros

FRA | C36 | CA17178G1046 | EUR

C36 is the ticker, currently at €0.57 :)

cc87 wrote: »
    This probably won't 100x but Vela Technologies (Vela.L) is an investment firm with a number of holdings but particularly Mode and SGS.
    Mode is the crypto app mentioned in the share picks thread and SGS is a medical charity that has an interesting drug nearing end of P2 trials. A diabetes tablet to control blood glucose which also reduces lung inflammation, which means it could have secondary uses in covid patients. Lung inflammation being one of the main causes of COVID related deaths.

Mode is expected to release its 'super app' soon and SGS should have P2 results in the coming weeks.

It also has a small position in Cornerstone, a payment system for SMEs, which announced it's intention to IPO APril 6th.

Vela is currently 0.075p

For the record, one I hope to do well in the second half of the year is Immupharma (Imm.L). Planning to start phase 3 trials of a lupus drup, lupuzor, in the second half of 2021 and have already held meetings with the FDA about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Seeds

Im going to put a shout in for Deep Yellow. A uranium junior miner that has potential to kick off.

Ixlandia wrote: »
    It’s on Degiro trading on the Frankfurt exchange in euros

FRA | C36 | CA17178G1046 | EUR

C36 is the ticker, currently at €0.57 :)

Already up x10 in last month. I wouldnt go near.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Chuckie_Egg

Opened a position in abcellera @ $28.25, it could drop in price another bit, I plan to add more over the next few months. It has potential and a lot of risk is off the table now that they are generating income. It will take time but it could be a giant in the making.
    No immediate news incoming but it has a huge huge drug pipeline which they can reap reward from in the future. They are a drug discovery company, they do not bring drugs to market, what they do is a full stack AI driven Antibody discovery platform. They can discover new drugs in hours what traditional methods took months even years to do.

Bump.....

Procrastinating on a Monday afternoon. Just a rough estimate of SP change from looking at the 30 day chart

TRIL....more or less where it started with a few rises and falls.
    MODE....more or less where it started with a few rises and falls.
    VELA...stayed where it was
    IMM....stayed where it was
    AVNW....dropped after stock split
    Cielo....stayed where it was
    DarioHealth....slightly lower but recovering recently
    Deep Yellow...up about 50%, from .64 to .94
    Abcellera.....slightly lower but recovering recently

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kilough

My picks

Predator Oil & Gas Holdings PLC...up 37%
    Guild eSports...up 20%
    Riverfort...same
    Cielo...same

Deep Yellow was a good pick. Did some reading on Uranium bull run after reading thread on the main board here yesterday. Might get involved with Deep Yellow or Kazatomprom if they come back near 50 day MA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Kilough wrote: »
    My picks

Predator Oil & Gas Holdings PLC...up 37%
    Guild eSports...up 20%
    Riverfort...same
    Cielo...same

Deep Yellow was a good pick. Did some reading on Uranium bull run after reading thread on the main board here yesterday. Might get involved with Deep Yellow or Kazatomprom if they come back near 50 day MA

Kazatomprom has way less upside than the junior miners, but if you are into uranium they are a must have. Safe place for your money, but still a chance at a 2 or a 3x (if anything can be safe in a market as volatile as U stocks).

If you want to see 100x you'd be best placed to jump in on one of the juniors. Most of them have run up fairly well since Christmas but there might be one or two still lagging the bunch. My tip for the top is either Baselode or Anfield.

The CEO of DYL is the lad that oversaw Paladin return 104,000% in the last run. I hope lightning can strike twice in the same CEO and all that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

Seeds wrote: »
    Already up x10 in last month. I wouldnt go near.

And that's just highlighted the main risk with an idea like this... Small Caps get mentioned in the public domain, and next thing, you've got the world and it's mother, driving the price up.

While sharing info and tips is a nice idea, and usually well intended, it also exposes everyone to the risk associated with public discussion of shares, especially small caps.

Private board discussions would really be needed for something like this, and even then, it's not going to be without its risks.

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

garrettod wrote: »
    And that's just highlighted the main risk with an idea like this... Small Caps get mentioned in the public domain, and next thing, you've got the world and it's mother, driving the price up.

While sharing info and tips is a nice idea, and usually well intended, it also exposes everyone to the risk associated with public discussion of shares, especially small caps.

Private board discussions would really be needed for something like this, and even then, it's not going to be without its risks.

Surely it's a good thing if "the world and it's mother" drive up the price of your investment? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Thats the quandry.

"Buy the rumour, sell the news".

But unless you are an insider, its always only the "news" that you'll hear, soo you're always too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Surely it's a good thing if "the world and it's mother" drive up the price of your investment? :confused:

Would have thought so too. Get long and get loud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,036 ✭✭✭✭neris

Gamestop comes to mind. If you can spot volume on small caps increasing before anything big you may be on to something

Not if it rapidly increases the price before those who are doing the hard work, have had a chance to buy in, at a reasonable price - and not if you've a gang of pump and dump merchants going to destroy a decent little companys reputation etc.
    neris wrote: »
    Gamestop comes to mind. If you can spot volume on small caps increasing before anything big you may be on to something

....yup, probably a ticking timebomb, unfortunitely :)

Thanks,

G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JibJabWibWab

Not if it rapidly increases the price before those who are doing the hard work, have had a chance to buy in, at a reasonable price - and not if you've a gang of pump and dump merchants going to destroy a decent little companys reputation etc.

So you set the rules for how and when the price should increase?
    Weird logic at work there...

So you set the rules for how and when the price should increase?
    Weird logic at work there...

Not what I'm saying.

Anyway, doesn't matter...

Thanks,

G.

Bump.....

Procrastinating on a Monday afternoon. Just a rough estimate of SP change from looking at the 30 day chart

TRIL....more or less where it started with a few rises and falls.
    MODE....more or less where it started with a few rises and falls.
    VELA...stayed where it was
    IMM....stayed where it was
    AVNW....dropped after stock split
    Cielo....stayed where it was
    DarioHealth....slightly lower but recovering recently
    Deep Yellow...up about 50%, from .64 to .94
    Abcellera.....slightly lower but recovering recently

Good to see my Deep yellow pick has done well so far.

I have a few other Im looking at, will update.

Vela is currently 0.075p

This jumped 15% today

Results from the COVID diabetes drug are due any day now, Friday being the earliest. AstraZeneca are potentially involved as well if its successful as SGS bought the rights from them initially.

Thought I'd resurrect this thread for a bit of interest, was about to come on and mention two new picks however AVNW already mentioned!

The other one is PING which looks like a similar enough set-up to OKTA in that they are an identity management and access so maybe something I'll throw a few quid at soon

My initial pick TRIL (never actually bought in) did take a good jump in August btw

How have the earlier picks performed?

CC87 done a rundown but that's going back to May last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I still like the look of AVNM but never opened a position on them. Their PEG and P/E numbers are attractive, it's making money. It's just the forward earnings that need to turn a corner. Mental note to take a read of their ER and see what's going on there.

Advertisement