Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there an option to remove constant phone verification?

Options
  • 06-04-2021 12:08pm

Hi folks,

I have a smartphone, and a desktop. I use my desktop for the vast majority of things, and find it very grating to have to keep getting my phone out to confirm everything I do at the desktop. It's really overkill.

It also makes using online banking impossible if I don't have my phone with me.

Is there a way to deactivate this? Can customer care do it or can I make a written request or such?

It's really made online banking very frustrating to use.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

KKV wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have a smartphone, and a desktop. I use my desktop for the vast majority of things, and find it very grating to have to keep getting my phone out to confirm everything I do at the desktop. It's really overkill.

It also makes using online banking impossible if I don't have my phone with me.

Is there a way to deactivate this? Can customer care do it or can I make a written request or such?

It's really made online banking very frustrating to use.

Thank you
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Since changes have been made in EU regulation and since the introduction of Strong Customer Authentication an extra layer of protection has been introduced to protect the security of customer accounts.

I'm afraid there is no option to turn this off and you will be required to have your mobile device to hand when logging into your account through the main website.

Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement