Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removal of Card Care

Options
  • 01-04-2021 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi

With the removal of card care I expected it’s functionality to be incorporated into the new 365 online. I have a BOI credit card, but I don’t bank with you.

With card care I could
    1. See pending transactions
    2. Pay my credit card bill though a debit card

I can’t do either of those things with 365 online.

Will pending transactions be added to the service?
    Why can’t I make a payment into my credit card on 365 online unless I have a BOI account?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi SB Morer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

There are some differences between the services that are offered. Some Card care services including: Make a payment with a non BOI card and View real time Balance and Transactions including Pending Transactions are not available through 365 online. We will be further enhancing the servicing capability of the BOI App throughout 2021.

There are a number of other ways to pay your credit card bill:
    By direct debit
    Payment from another bank
    Paying at a Bank of Ireland branch

We hope this information helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

SB Morer wrote: »
    Hi

With the removal of card care I expected it’s functionality to be incorporated into the new 365 online. I have a BOI credit card, but I don’t bank with you.

With card care I could
    1. See pending transactions
    2. Pay my credit card bill though a debit card

I can’t do either of those things with 365 online.

Will pending transactions be added to the service?
    Why can’t I make a payment into my credit card on 365 online unless I have a BOI account?

Thanks
    The best solution imo is leave BOI, credit cards a reasonably easy to get, quality of service, or any service as a customer from BOI is a different matter, just copped Cardcare is gone.
    They dont want to provide bank counter/face to face services, by which I mean, I have transacted my business with them for years by online means as much as possible, some dealings are still necessary by going to a branch, which boi doesnt want to do. Then when you go online, any problems and you have to ring them, except they dont want to answer the phone, always start each message/excuse "due to high call volumes" and right now, they are not even answering the phone at 1890 365 365, Im expecting to hear BOi have shut completely because they seem to do bugger all.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭scanlanavia

I agree with you. I similarly was not getting a straight answer on this question for months since they announced end of card care
    This is a dereliction of duty by a bank.
    Credit card customers MUST have real time transactions awareness of Pending transactions. The least they could have done is leave card care alive until pending transactions was available in 365online..This new situation is intolerable

Like you, quitting BoI is now necessary for me
    1874 wrote: »
    The best solution imo is leave BOI, credit cards a reasonably easy to get, quality of service, or any service as a customer from BOI is a different matter, just copped Cardcare is gone.
    They dont want to provide bank counter/face to face services, by which I mean, I have transacted my business with them for years by online means as much as possible, some dealings are still necessary by going to a branch, which boi doesnt want to do. Then when you go online, any problems and you have to ring them, except they dont want to answer the phone, always start each message/excuse "due to high call volumes" and right now, they are not even answering the phone at 1890 365 365, Im expecting to hear BOi have shut completely because they seem to do bugger all.

HSBC - alerts

Personalise the credit and debit card alerts that you want to receive
    The best protection from fraud is early detection. With HSBC credit and debit card alerts, whenever your credit or debit card is used, you can identify any unfamiliar transactions earlier by receiving alert notifications at no cost to you. HSBC credit and debit card alerts put you in control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi All,

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this on to our development team.

If there is anything else we can help you with here please feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks Jen

• Advertisement

The least is expected of BoI is to expedite a solution that is equivalent on 365online. 
    Until then customers like me will have no problem clogging up your 056 775 7747 number to avail of real time balance 
    Today I waited 35 minutes for an operator...   wonderful eh ?

since I missed the deadline to avoid 2021 €30 charge...  BoI will have to put up with me for another year and I will make you regret it.
    Note: I havent paid a cent of interest on your BoI Mastercard for 15 years  :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AdrianoC

Yes I am thinking to leave the credit card as well as I can't simple pay it, and even more there's no guidance in the app on how to pay it via transfer, BOI come on you are the BANK OF IRELAND could do better than that. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi AdrianoC,

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty paying your credit card. You can make a payment to your credit card via direct debit, lodgement at one of our ATMs, or a payment from your current account. This transfer can be made from the bank your current account is with.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement