Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card customer / No Current Account - 365 registration problem

Options
  • 26-03-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I have so far described this problem to 13 customer service staff since 23 March 2021 (all staff helpful and apologetic but had to transfer me to the 'dedicated team' / 'relevant team' or back to 0818444365).  Holds are for up to 40 minutes each time, sorry, I deal with x, I'll have to transfer you ... Over a day of my life spent on hold / failing to get problem sorted ...

22 March 2021: text received to activate my 365 profile.   Sent User ID, set up PIN, activated account and received text message to say 'you're all set for online banking'.  Attempted to log on.  Error message: login details incorrect.
    Figured out I also needed to download app. Dowloaded app. Error message on attempting to register: notification has been sent to security device, quickly followed by login details incorrect.

Since 22 March 2021, I have spoken to 13 staff members, got my date of birth corrected on your records on 23 March 2021 (at my suggestion) and just today (26 March 2021) my mobile number seems to have been corrected in one part of the system.  However, this hasn't solved the error message problem on either website login or app login/registration.

Cleared cache, normally use Safari, also tried Firefox with same result.  But that doesn't apply to the app issue which gives the same error message.

I've asked for the number of the 'dedicated team' and have been given 0818444365 which is the number I began with 4 days ago.  Since then I have also been given, and rung 0818251251 and 081820032.

A couple of staff have been exceptionally helpful and apologetic, investigated but seemed to reach a wall.

Att his point, I need:
    1) one person to sort this out for me quickly so I can continue to use my credit card.
    2) be contacted by that one person so that I don't have to keep ringing you and spending my days on hold to no avail

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

textiles wrote: »
    I have so far described this problem to 13 customer service staff since 23 March 2021 (all staff helpful and apologetic but had to transfer me to the 'dedicated team' / 'relevant team' or back to 0818444365).  Holds are for up to 40 minutes each time, sorry, I deal with x, I'll have to transfer you ... Over a day of my life spent on hold / failing to get problem sorted ...

22 March 2021: text received to activate my 365 profile.   Sent User ID, set up PIN, activated account and received text message to say 'you're all set for online banking'.  Attempted to log on.  Error message: login details incorrect.
    Figured out I also needed to download app. Dowloaded app. Error message on attempting to register: notification has been sent to security device, quickly followed by login details incorrect.

Since 22 March 2021, I have spoken to 13 staff members, got my date of birth corrected on your records on 23 March 2021 (at my suggestion) and just today (26 March 2021) my mobile number seems to have been corrected in one part of the system.  However, this hasn't solved the error message problem on either website login or app login/registration.

Cleared cache, normally use Safari, also tried Firefox with same result.  But that doesn't apply to the app issue which gives the same error message.

I've asked for the number of the 'dedicated team' and have been given 0818444365 which is the number I began with 4 days ago.  Since then I have also been given, and rung 0818251251 and 081820032.

A couple of staff have been exceptionally helpful and apologetic, investigated but seemed to reach a wall.

Att his point, I need:
    1) one person to sort this out for me quickly so I can continue to use my credit card.
    2) be contacted by that one person so that I don't have to keep ringing you and spending my days on hold to no avail
    Hi textiles,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards and we're sorry to hear you're having difficulty logging in. Can you please let us know the exact error message you're getting and is this happening on both the app and desktop? 

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 29 textiles

Thank you for your reply Tara.

App:
    First screen: 'Register this device'
    Follow prompts to enter user ID, followed by DoB, followed by 3 digits from PIN
    Error message: Your login details are incorrect. Please try again

Desktop:
    First screen: 'Enter login details'
    Follow prompts to enter user ID, DoB, and 3 digits from PIN
    Response as attached - 'we've sent a notification to your security device ... waiting for approval.
    No notification is received on phone, presumably because I have been unable to register it .
    After a few seconds, the following error message is received: Your login attempt failed. Please try again.

App:

Desktop:
    Response as attached - 'we've sent a notification to your security device ... waiting for approval.
    No notification is received on phone, presumably because I have been unable to register it .
    After a few seconds, the following error message is received: Your login attempt failed. Please try again.
    Thanks for getting back to us textiles. As you correctly mentioned, the desktop log in will not work until you have registered your security device. Our colleagues will need to check the User ID and date of birth to get this working so you can complete this. There is a specific team that has been set up to help credit card customers who don't have a current account get set up for online banking. This team can be contacted directly on the number you called when registering, 0818444365. Due to the type of work they need to carry out, this would need to be an inbound call from your registered mobile. 

After the adviser has helped with registering your mobile as a security device and confirmed your log in details you will then be able to log on using desktop.

Thanks
    Tara

App:

Desktop:
    Thanks for getting back to us textiles. As you correctly mentioned, the desktop log in will not work until you have registered your security device. Our colleagues will need to check the User ID and date of birth to get this working so you can complete this. There is a specific team that has been set up to help credit card customers who don't have a current account get set up for online banking. This team can be contacted directly on the number you called when registering, 0818444365. Due to the type of work they need to carry out, this would need to be an inbound call from your registered mobile. 

After the adviser has helped with registering your mobile as a security device and confirmed your log in details you will then be able to log on using desktop.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thank you Tara.
    This is the number I have been ringing all week - at least 9 times and on hold for many hours in total.  Sometimes when I have rung this number, I have been transferred to the 'dedicated team' and then found the person is unable to deal with the issue and they transfer me to someone else, with further on hold waiting for someone to answer.
    Why has nobody been able to help with registering this mobile and confirming my login details so far if this is the correct number to contact?
    My date of birth has been checked twice (and changed twice from what I can gather).   Nobody at this number has asked for my user ID, despite me offering to give it to them on one occasion.
    I appreciate that individual people I have spoken to have been apologetic but ringing this number has not led to the correct person/team or a solution so far, despite describing the error messages as I have just done here.
     I will try this number one more time and once again go through everything.

Have just tried ringing this number 0818444365 4 times - each time it has rung once then the automated response is  'you have not selected a valid option'.

• Advertisement

Thank you Tara.
    This is the number I have been ringing all week - at least 9 times and on hold for many hours in total.  Sometimes when I have rung this number, I have been transferred to the 'dedicated team' and then found the person is unable to deal with the issue and they transfer me to someone else, with further on hold waiting for someone to answer.
    Why has nobody been able to help with registering this mobile and confirming my login details so far if this is the correct number to contact?
    My date of birth has been checked twice (and changed twice from what I can gather).   Nobody at this number has asked for my user ID, despite me offering to give it to them on one occasion.
    I appreciate that individual people I have spoken to have been apologetic but ringing this number has not led to the correct person/team or a solution so far, despite describing the error messages as I have just done here.
    We're really sorry that this hasn't gone as smoothly as it should and for the delays when calling. We're aware the line has been extremely busy in recent days. The team will be available from 10-4 Saturday and Sunday and the line may be less busy if you can call early.

Thanks
    Tara

Thank you Tara.
    We're really sorry that this hasn't gone as smoothly as it should and for the delays when calling. We're aware the line has been extremely busy in recent days. The team will be available from 10-4 Saturday and Sunday and the line may be less busy if you can call early.

Thanks
    Tara
    Thanks Tara.  I'll try again early tomorrow - the number could be 'overwhelmed' as it is just disconnecting immediately on getting through now.

Hi Tara

Got an automated message this morning to say that number, 0818 444365, is only staffed 9-5, M-F and the automated message instructed me to ring 0818 200362 if I was having an issue with what sounded like my problem with migration (I can't remember the wording at this stage but you could ring it out-of-office hours presumably to hear it).

I got through to 0818 200362 after 40 minutes.  This is apparently the migration team and they can't help me because this is a credit card issue.

I'm now advised to ring 0818 365 365 on Monday - this is apparently the 365 online team.   This will be the fifth number I've been told ring and my first time ringing it.   And it will be the 15th person I call to try and resolve the issue.

One of the reasons I am documenting / publicising this is the (vain?) hope that whoever is responsible for getting paid to design the software / migration system gets to know what is happening.  I know from talking to 2 friends that they have also experienced problems registering their mobiles as a security device, though resolved now - presumably because they have a current account.

Clearly it must be frustrating for frontline staff handling the problems resulting from this.   At least they'll be getting paid something for their valuable time.  I'm not. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Tara

Got an automated message this morning to say that number, 0818 444365, is only staffed 9-5, M-F and the automated message instructed me to ring 0818 200362 if I was having an issue with what sounded like my problem with migration (I can't remember the wording at this stage but you could ring it out-of-office hours presumably to hear it).

I got through to 0818 200362 after 40 minutes.  This is apparently the migration team and they can't help me because this is a credit card issue.

I'm now advised to ring 0818 365 365 on Monday - this is apparently the 365 online team.   This will be the fifth number I've been told ring and my first time ringing it.   And it will be the 15th person I call to try and resolve the issue.

One of the reasons I am documenting / publicising this is the (vain?) hope that whoever is responsible for getting paid to design the software / migration system gets to know what is happening.  I know from talking to 2 friends that they have also experienced problems registering their mobiles as a security device, though resolved now - presumably because they have a current account.

Clearly it must be frustrating for frontline staff handling the problems resulting from this.   At least they'll be getting paid something for their valuable time.  I'm not. 
    Hi Textiles,

Thanks for getting back to us on this. We're really sorry to hear that this has been your experience and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with us today. We'll certainly share this with the relevant teams.

We do hope you get this sorted.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Thanks, Richard - will do.

• Advertisement

Still not sorted after 1.5 hours talking through the issue with 3 staff members this morning.

Staff member 1 (0818365365) : after holding for 30 minutes, 'I'll have to transfer you to migration'

Staff member 2 : helpful, went through everything, put me on hold twice to find out information on my record from a colleague.  On the second hold (for 40 minutes), call automatically transferred to another staff member.

Staff member 3 : described the problem once again.  'I'll have to transfer you to migration'.  Call disconnected (not by me) after 10 minutes on hold.

Customer service staff appear to have the same  hold forever / disconnection problems as customers.

This needs to be escalated.   Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Still not sorted after 1.5 hours talking through the issue with 3 staff members this morning.

Staff member 1 (0818365365) : after holding for 30 minutes, 'I'll have to transfer you to migration'

Staff member 2 : helpful, went through everything, put me on hold twice to find out information on my record from a colleague.  On the second hold (for 40 minutes), call automatically transferred to another staff member.

Staff member 3 : described the problem once again.  'I'll have to transfer you to migration'.  Call disconnected (not by me) after 10 minutes on hold.

Customer service staff appear to have the same  hold forever / disconnection problems as customers.

This needs to be escalated.   Any suggestions?
    Thanks for getting back to us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry to hear that you're still having difficulties with this. 

Could I ask you to send us a private message here with your name and contact number? We will certainly do our best to follow up on this for you. 

Thanks, Eve 

I pm'd you 20 minutes ago, thanks Eve.

I pm'd you 20 minutes ago, thanks Eve.
    Hi Textiles, thanks so much for getting back to me. 

I've just replied to your private message there. 

Thanks again, Eve 

Sorted!
    Your colleague rang me and got it done in 10 minutes - the issue was that my d.o.b. was still the old generic d.o.b, despite other colleagues having changed it - twice to the correct d.o.b. last week.   I can only assume that the database record that needed to be changed was not changed.
    Thanks for referring me to the right person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Sorted!
    Your colleague rang me and got it done in 10 minutes - the issue was that my d.o.b. was still the old generic d.o.b, despite other colleagues having changed it - twice to the correct d.o.b. last week.   I can only assume that the database record that needed to be changed was not changed.
    Thanks for referring me to the right person.
    We're very glad to hear this Textiles, you're very welcome.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Exiled1

Hi
    I have tried on five occasions over three days to register for 365.
    On each occasion just as I was waiting to be told to  enter my new pin, I was told 'Sorry, the lines are now closed, try....'
    This is happening during the day time hours!
    Regards
    Tommy

Exiled1 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have tried on five occasions over three days to register for 365.
    On each occasion just as I was waiting to be told to  enter my new pin, I was told 'Sorry, the lines are now closed, try....'
    This is happening during the day time hours!
    Regards
    Tommy
    Hi Tommy,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience when trying to register the account. We are aware that the phone line has been extremely busy within recent days which may have caused this issue for you.

To continue registration for the credit card account we would recommend that you contact our dedicated team on 0818 444 365 and our colleagues here will be happy to help with this.

Thanks Jen

Advertisement