Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport renewal online waiting time

Options
  • 06-02-2021 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Does anyone know the waiting time for a renewal passport. I usually get it done in the post office & have it in 10 days but obviously with covid & the passport office not being working as usual I ordered it online last night. Just wondering if anyone has done it this way & how long it took to receive it T I A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the waiting time for a renewal passport. I usually get it done in the post office & have it in 10 days but obviously with covid & the passport office not being working as usual I ordered it online last night. Just wondering if anyone has done it this way & how long it took to receive it 😊 T I A

Just renewed. It only took three days until I had the new one in my hand. Fantastic service.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭phildub

Just renewed. It only took three days until I had the new one in my hand. Fantastic service.

I renewed mine during the first lock down and the office was closed so they were only processing emergency passports. Once it opened I had it in 3 days,not sure if they are operating at the moment but if they are you should have it soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 katsters

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the waiting time for a renewal passport. I usually get it done in the post office & have it in 10 days but obviously with covid & the passport office not being working as usual I ordered it online last night. Just wondering if anyone has done it this way & how long it took to receive it T I A

Hey,
    Just wondering if you got your passport in the end? Were they supposed to be officially closed when you applied? I have to renew mine to travel for work so I'm anxious I'll be waiting months til they reopen
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

katsters wrote: »
    Hey,
    Just wondering if you got your passport in the end? Were they supposed to be officially closed when you applied? I have to renew mine to travel for work so I'm anxious I'll be waiting months til they reopen
    TIA

Hi yes I got it in about 5 days. They were closed so im not sure of the procedure that the passport office was operating. My manager in work ordered his just before Christmas and he still doesn't have it. All you can do is send the department an email & hopefully you will get sorted..

Advertisement