Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget CCTV system - deter home burglary?

Options
  • 09-03-2021 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've a 4 bed semi d in Dublin with house alarm that is GSM controlled so sends txts if goes off etc.

I was looking into some kind of camera system but one and one reason only - as an additional deterrent to burglars:

- are home outside cameras actually a deterrent against home burglaries?
    - any recommendations but budget system (2-4 cameras) for less than €1k installed?

The reason I'm on a budget is im really looking for cameras as deterrent so you could even go so far as to suggest fake cameras being put up - just something extra to limit theft risk. I'm not that interested in using the system or looking at it, just extra peace of mind to protect home if it's even relevant.

Thinking basic HIKvision dome cameras x2 for front and back - would be handy when on holidays to actually see my property front and back. Black and white 2mp cameras are probably OK.

Any advice welcome.

Comments

Advertisement