Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf: Father Ted 2 Starting 14/2/21

Options
  • 01-02-2021 2:38pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome BACK to Craggy Island for another edition of Werewolf!

In our first game we saw the village eradicate the Hairy Hands Disease from Craggy Island, and life returned to normal... for a time.

But there have been recent howlings heard on the moor, Chris the Sheep is burping again in fear and this time the rumours are the threat is much more than a record player in a tree...

I mean just look at poor Chris - it's like two totally different sheep!

EAFstwOUIAAqNhH.jpg

We are looking for a crack team of individuals to investigate the goings on and hopefully return Chris to normal in time for the annual King of the Sheep contest. On 14th February, the investigations will begin in earnest.

OPEN

1. Strawberry Milkshake
    2. duffman13
    3. Trigger
    4. cee_jay
    5. fixXxer
    6. KathleenGrant
    7. Ectoplasm
    8. Rikand
    9. Barney92
    10. khalessi
    11. Brian
    12. Hello 2D Person Below
    13. beakerjoe
    14. JP Liz V1
    15. Whiplashy
    16. Clarabel
    17. sullivlo
    18. Also Starring LeVar Burton
    19. MrsFlushdraw
    20. LadySkunk

Subs:
    Neowise
    JohnGreenFan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Put me down as a sub

Go on go on go on go on go on go on....

Oh, go on then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

In

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Gwan so...

87711273a0dde5c8cd0666758610704e.gif

MRVO.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Count me in.

IA6Einb.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

stick me down as a sub for now please Necro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I would like to play please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Wahey, I can actually play this one. In please.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

in

Sig updated for a new game. PM me if you want it to look different :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Sign me up captain.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

9 sign ups so far and 2 subs, keep em coming in folks.

Planning to have OP posted here in thread early next week so we can answer any questions people may have.

We will decide on anon accounts VS non anon VS mixed nearer the time, though if people have a preference please let us know.

7islignzsef21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Ah go on now I wil I will I will

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

No idea what's involved but I would like to give it a try. In, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I'd be interested if there's room

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Welcome aboard folks, I will post some helpful links for our newcomers when I get home from work but if you take a peek at the WW glossary thread in the Werewolf sub forum it might be of assistance to you both in the meantime.

There it goes through what Werewolf is and there's a seperate thread on various phrases used during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,378 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Necro wrote: »
    Welcome aboard folks, I will post some helpful links for our newcomers when I get home from work but if you take a peek at the WW glossary thread in the Werewolf sub forum it might be of assistance to you both in the meantime.

There it goes through what Werewolf is and there's a seperate thread on various phrases used during the game.

remember, no caps! :p

provisionally in.

was offered a new job today so depending on if i accept that, and then start date. if i start on the 15th i will be out. best foot forward and all that jazz.

No problem yoss, just give us a holler if you can't play.

For our newcomers, Werewolf is basically a game where you're either a wolf or a villager (there are variations, but let's keep it simple for now :) )

If you're a villager you need to try and work out who the wolves are based off their posting on thread. Based off this you all vote to lynch in the evening and the person with the most votes is lynched ie they are out of the game.

There are village roles that can assist in this, but that's the basic gist of it.

If you're a wolf you need to try and kill as many villagers as possible without being found by the village. This is done via a 'munch' - which happens normally in the morning around 10am. If a player is munched they are also out of the game.

Sounds complicated, but it isn't really. More will become clear when we post the OP of the game early next week and you can ask any questions of ourselves, the game runners or indeed the other players that you wish.

This thread Werewolf Glossary is great for getting to grips with some of the usual phrases used in the game. It also has lots and lots of roles that can appear in Werewolf... don't worry though, this game won't have them all :pac:

We will likely set up a seperate backroom for you both where you can ask the game runners (or mods) any game related questions you might be worried about asking on thread. But the players will definitely help you as well, they're not a bad bunch... mostly :P

In please

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Replace the word protestants with Wolves and you have my view.

tenor.gif

In

• Advertisement

Woot! That's 15, Baggly will be along to add ye to the OP of the thread shortly 2D and beaker.

Keep those sign ups rolling in folks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,551 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dougal here in ;)

zL493ugUWDim.gif

Welcome aboard Liz :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

I'll give it a go.

1. Strawberry Milkshake
    2. duffman13
    3. Trigger
    4. cee_jay
    5. fixXxer
    6. KathleenGrant
    7. Ectoplasm
    8. Rikand
    9. Barney92
    10. khalessi
    11. Hilda
    12. Brian
    13. yosser
    14. Hello 2D Person Below
    15. beakerjoe
    16. JP Liz V1
    17. Whiplashy

Subs:
    Neowise
    JohnGreenFan

Just over a week till kick off peeps :D

For the upcoming game we are going to go with Mixed accounts.

The decision will be entirely with the player as to whether they want an anon account or to just post in their own account.

Note: If you do choose to post in your own account and you're a regular, there is going to be a degree of meta attached to your posts, this is unavoidable. By wishing to post in your own account we're taking it that you are aware of this and do not mind this scrutiny. (Not such a problem for new players, of course).

I'll be making two posts beneath this, can all signed up players thank one or the other to indicate whether they would prefer to play in their own or an anon account.

Please thank this post if you wish to play the game in your own Boards account

Please thank this post if you wish to play the game in an anonymous Boards account provided by the mods

I have a really bad track record so gonna go with my own account. May last longer as I won’t be a threat :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Will more than likely be flat out in work so will use my own account to trigger some posters :D

Advertisement