Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delays with bills being issued

Options
  • 21-12-2020 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering is there a delay in iss bills. My online account initially said bill will be issued on the 14th December, now its saying will be issued shortly, it's definitely later than normal, went on chat to be told Bill is being generated currently, this is well over a week later than normal.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There does appear to be a delay for the billing in your locality. It can happen on occasion.

It may be because of COVID-19 restrictions causing a back-log in this case.

If you require a payment plan, do get in touch with us by private message here when you receive the bill (in the message, confirm the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number on the account, and state that you are the account-holder).

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Dempo1,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There does appear to be a delay for the billing in your locality. It can happen on occasion.

It may be because of COVID-19 restrictions causing a back-log in this case.

If you require a payment plan, do get in touch with us by private message here when you receive the bill (in the message, confirm the Electric Ireland account number, name, address, telephone number on the account, and state that you are the account-holder).

Kind regards,
    Una

Thanks Una, when you say area, I'm referring to my online account? I'm in Laois, I don't get paper bills. I'm just hoping to get bill and pay it before Christmas

Hi Dempo1,

It relates to the meters being read or estimates calculated, rather than the posting of bills.

ESB Networks read the meters or calculate estimates, and send either to the billing companies.

You should be receiving your bill shortly if the system shows it is processing.

Kind regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hi Dempo1,

It relates to the meters being read or estimates calculated, rather than the posting of bills.

ESB Networks read the meters or calculate estimates, and send either to the billing companies.

You should be receiving your bill shortly if the system shows it is processing.

Kind regards,
    Una

Ah, I see, thanks Una and happy Christmas :)

You are very welcome Dempo1 - and same to you, many thanks!

Kind regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement