If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor Audio Studio Speakers

Options
  • 27-11-2020 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, I am interested in these speakers can you tell me a bit more about them ? How do they compare to Silver and Bronze ranges ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Stonyjim wrote: »
    Hi, I am interested in these speakers can you tell me a bit more about them ? How do they compare to Silver and Bronze ranges ?
    Hi Stonyjim.

Thanks for the post.

The Studio speakers would be superior to both the Bronze and Silver bookshelf ranges.

The current deal on them is crazy as they retails at £799 per pair.

For the current £299 there is no better speaker or deal.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Stonyjim

Ah yeah look too good not take at that price in fairness !  have a set of Bronze floorstanders already and they are good -  so if these are even better sounding that will be great.  Just put the order through online there now. Thanks, Kenny. 

Ah yeah look too good not take at that price in fairness !  have a set of Bronze floorstanders already and they are good -  so if these are even better sounding that will be great.  Just put the order through online there now. Thanks, Kenny. 
    Hey StormyJim.

Thanks for the order.

You will be impressed with them once you get them up and running.

I use the bronze Floorstanders at home myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

Any more of these available?  

PCDub wrote: »
    Any more of these available?  
    Hey PCDUB.

There is indeed :)

You can grab yourself a set via the link below.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13407-monitor-audio-studio-satin-grey-satin-grey-speakers-per-pair.aspx

It is such a great deal.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

PC

...YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY FIT ANY MORE HIFI INTO YOUR HOUSE????? (Shouting intentional) :D

Seriously - the MA Studio are one of the best ever speaker deals we have had!

( although there is a seriously silly Monitor Audio PL500 II deal coming in the next couple of weeks!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

PC

...YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY FIT ANY MORE HIFI INTO YOUR HOUSE????? (Shouting intentional) :D

( although there is a seriously silly Monitor Audio PL500 II deal coming in the next couple of weeks!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Alright John, you'd think that but i can always build an extension. :)

I've put the order through on the website but if there's a deal on pl500's I'd defo hang on for that. 

PC

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Alright John, you'd think that but i can always build an extension. :)

I've put the order through on the website but if there's a deal on pl500's I'd defo hang on for that. 
    Hey PCDub.

Would you like us to pop a hold on the Studios until John gets you the PL500 II pricing?

No Kenny cheers,  ill get the studio's and I can always find room for the platinums in the new extension..:D

Interested to see how they compare to my silvers.

No Kenny cheers,  ill get the studio's and I can always find room for the platinums in the new extension..:D

Interested to see how they compare to my silvers.
    Hey PCDub.

I've heard the PL500 II in action and they are mind blowing :)

• Advertisement

Hi lads, speakers turned up yesterday, great service as ever.  Quick question, I just noticed my amp documentation says only to use 8ohm  speakers and these are 4ohm. Should I be worried about using these with my amp, teac agh300 mkiii. I don't tend to play at high volumes. If so any options for cheapish amp for these?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

PC

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Am looking for new speakers as I think I've sold silver 6's I bought from you a few years ago- this could be good timing🙂

Hi lads, speakers turned up yesterday, great service as ever.  Quick question, I just noticed my amp documentation says only to use 8ohm  speakers and these are 4ohm. Should I be worried about using these with my amp, teac agh300 mkiii. I don't tend to play at high volumes. If so any options for cheapish amp for these?
    Cheers
    Hey PCDUB.

The Teac will still drive them but have to work very hard to do so...

There is the Tibo AMP345 which operates at 4 Ohms.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204753-tibo-amp435-black-stereo-amplifier.aspx

There is a Yamaha that runs at 6 Ohms which could also be used the A670 priced at 179 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-14191-yamaha-a670-black-amplifier-amplifier.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭SachaJ

How do the Studio's compare to the Silver 100's? Were they designed to sit between the Silver an Gold series?

I presume just the one colour available?

SachaJ wrote: »
    How do the Studio's compare to the Silver 100's? Were they designed to sit between the Silver an Gold series?
    Hi SachaJ.

The Studio was designed as a one of speaker and there was no range produced like the Silver and Gold speakers.

Sound quality wise however they do fall between the Silver and Gold bookshelf speakers but closer to the Gold range. They use technology from the Platinum range to give their own detail which is great for a bookshelf speaker.
    We have demoed them many times here at the store and they really do sound well.

At the current price hey are a complete bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Stonyjim

Just to say that I received mine the other day - thanks, guys. 
    Still running mine in. The clarity and detail are just amazing and I think this is what these are about with the ribbon type tweeter. Amazing to get a speaker with this technology at this price. Using with my Arcam a39 integrated amp. I think that is fair to say that they are a bargain already. Thanks again, guys.

Stonyjim- just wondering what the bass/low end is like? Mine are still in the box. 

Just to say that I received mine the other day - thanks, guys. 
    Still running mine in. The clarity and detail are just amazing and I think this is what these are about with the ribbon type tweeter. Amazing to get a speaker with this technology at this price. Using with my Arcam a39 integrated amp. I think that is fair to say that they are a bargain already. Thanks again, guys.
    Hey Stonyjim.

Glad you are enjoying your new speakers.

I'm so tempted to buys a pair of these now myself before they sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

PC

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi John,

Would you mind sending me the details on the PL500 II deal whenever you have it please.

Regarding the Monitor Audio Studio, I've had a pair for 9 months now, stunning speaker. You'll need to play around with placement to find the sweet spot. But when you find it ... they are truly magical. At £299 it's the best value you'll ever spend on a speaker.  

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Itsbigboss

Hi John,
    Could you loop me in the PL500 II also?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Guys,

we have a few pairs of PL500 II on the water to us at the moment.

They are in Piano Santos Rosewood Lacquer With Black Leather finish ( Completely stunning!) This is an unusual finish and is only made to special order.

I'm gonna have one pair ( don't tell Ursula!!) but we do have a few pairs available.

Retail is £15,000
    Boardie price - £7,700 EDIT - Actually read £6750 - way less than half price!

Please note whilst the PL500 are relatively easy to drive - they are physically very large and literally are packed in 2 extra large coffin size boxes which take 3/4 people to manhandle!

Keep us posted, 

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.