If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Smart TV

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Fishy1 wrote: »
    We’re looking to upgrade our 6 year old Samsung Smart tv which sadly isn’t that smart anymore.

We’re hoping to buy a 43” Samsung again, but need it to be Saorview compatible & also have the RTÉ Player on it (our current Samsung used to have it, but it’s no longer working).

Would this be suitable? https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204595-samsung-ue43tu8500-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app-freesat-hd.aspx
    Open to suggestions!

Edited to add, I just found this one on your site. https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204587-samsung-ue43tu7100-new-t-series-43-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-with-apple-tv-app.aspx
    Apart from the price, what’s the difference between the 2 models? :)
    Hi Fishy1.

Thanks for the post.

The Samsungs are fantastic televisions but do not seem to have the RTE player.

We are also getting conflicting reports as we have another Boardie who purchased the 43TU8500 and you can not set it to Ireland as the region and he spoke to Samsung directly who said it can also not be set to Ireland as a region.
    I have a call out to Samsung to see if this is indeed true.

I have checked one of the QLED's at the store and so far it seems to be true.

We are awaiting confirmation from Samsung at the moment.
    It does pick up the Saorview stations but lists them up in the 800's and they are not in order.

I would need to check if any other manufacturers have the RTE player as I know Panasonic and LG do not.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks so much for all that info. I’d be very interested to hear what response you get from Samsung before we take the plunge. 
    If you have any other recommendations that would suit our needs please do let us know as we’d like to send our business your way if at all possible :)
    Regards,
    Fishy1

Hi Kenny,
    Thanks so much for all that info. I’d be very interested to hear what response you get from Samsung before we take the plunge. 
    If you have any other recommendations that would suit our needs please do let us know as we’d like to send our business your way if at all possible :)
    Regards,
    Fishy1
    Hi Fishy1.

It doesn't seem to be straight forward anymore unfortunately.
    It was previously only LG and Samsung that had the RTE Player.

LG for the 2020 have left off all catch up TV app's of their sets and also can't give a sane answer if they will be added at any point this year.

I'll wait and see what Samsung come back with but it doesn't look too promising at the moment.

Kenny.

That’s such a pity, Kenny.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to look into it for me.
    Regards,
    Fishy1

That’s such a pity, Kenny.
    Thanks so much for taking the time to look into it for me.
    Regards,
    Fishy1
    No problem Fishy1.

I'll revert back on Monday hopefully once I get an answer from Samsung.

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,
    Just wondering if you’d been able to get any further info from Samsung?
    Regards,
    Fishy1 

Hi Kenny,
    Just wondering if you’d been able to get any further info from Samsung?
    Regards,
    Fishy1 
    Hi Fishy1.

It would seem that the Samsung cannot be set to Ireland so the Saorview stations when tuned in show up in the 800's and no RTE player unfortunately.

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

Hi Kenny,
    That’s such a pity. I think we’ll leave it for the moment. Thanks so much for looking into the issue for me.
    Regards,
    Fishy1 

Hi Kenny,
    That’s such a pity. I think we’ll leave it for the moment. Thanks so much for looking into the issue for me.
    Regards,
    Fishy1 
     problem at all Fishy1.

If I notice anything changing I will let you know.

Kenny.

That would be great, Kenny. Thank you.
    Alternatively if you know of any other 43inch TVs which have what we’re looking for, be sure to let me know :)

• Advertisement

That would be great, Kenny. Thank you.
    Alternatively if you know of any other 43inch TVs which have what we’re looking for, be sure to let me know :)
    Hi Fishy1.

The issue is at the moment I can not find a manufacturer that has the RTE player.

I used to be Samsung and LG but both seem to have removed them.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.