Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airhelp and 2 years later looking for payment

Options
  • 23-08-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Looking for some advice with this situation please. Delayed flight 2 yrs ago, dreadful customer support from Airhelp and eventually got a refund from Ryanair myself with a lot of hassle. I asked Airhelp for an invoice to pay them at the time as understand I had entered a contract. No response until this week looking for payment.

Do I have to pay and what happens in reality if I dont?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

simply tell them that they did not provide the service they were asked to provide and as such no payment is due.

AirHelp’s fees are among the lowest in the industry. Furthermore, we don’t require any upfront payment to submit a claim via our website — we work on a “no win, no fee” basis, so we only get paid when we succeed in securing our customers’ compensations.

So if as you said, they did not get the compensation for you, no fee is due. Fairly black and white in their own conditions. Suggest to them that they refer to their own website for confirmation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

Op, you asked them for an invoice and they sent you one. What did you expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

They've six years to look for payment IIRC but I'd be taking the approach in post #2.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Eli1

Thanks for feedback. Just to clarify asked 2 years ago for invoice and no response but suddenly now
    Looking for payment.
    What can they do ultimately if I ignore them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Pass it to a debt collection agency that will be annoying more than anything else. It doesn't effect your credit rating or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Eli1

Ok good to know and Thanks.

Pass it to a debt collection agency that will be annoying more than anything else. It doesn't effect your credit rating or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Cerco wrote: »
    Op, you asked them for an invoice and they sent you one. What did you expect?

Presumably not to receive an invoice two years later for a service that was never provided? Although if that's the speed at which they issue their own invoices, maybe they only recently got around to processing the OP's claim

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Feerr

Eli1 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice with this situation please. Delayed flight 2 yrs ago, dreadful customer support from Airhelp and eventually got a refund from Ryanair myself with a lot of hassle. I asked Airhelp for an invoice to pay them at the time as understand I had entered a contract. No response until this week looking for payment.

Do I have to pay and what happens in reality if I dont?

Hi! I was wondering happened in your case?

Advertisement