Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1000 sole trader payment

Options
  • 16-08-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭

Hi, apologies if this has been asked already but i was told today that there might be a once off payment of 1000 euro for self employed sole traders, can anyone confirm or refute this, I've tried looking online but can't make head nor tail of it, a link would be appreciated if possible, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Hi, apologies if this has been asked already but i was told today that there might be a once off payment of 1000 euro for self employed sole traders, can anyone confirm or refute this, I've tried looking online but can't make head nor tail of it, a link would be appreciated if possible, thanks

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/55be4-minister-humphreys-opens-applications-for-enterprise-support-grant/

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

It's an insult

Wouldn't bother unless you were very stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

It's an insult

Wouldn't bother unless you were very stuck

Why is there a catch to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

It sounds like a cunning plan to lure a percentage of the covid payment receiving, self employed peoples back to work.
    A master stroke surely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭worded

It sounds like a cunning plan to lure a percentage of the covid payment receiving, self employed peoples back to work.
    A master stroke surely

A plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel

https://youtu.be/Gp5St7hORyw

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

seems pointless to the average tradesman .
    nothing worthwhile is covered

Funding will be awarded for eligible costs up to a maximum of €1,000.

Grants will be awarded on costs related to reopening your business, including:

safety measures
    business advice or mentoring
    repairs
    fuel
    wages
    Normal business costs are not generally included.

A master stroke surely

I only claimed 5 weeks of the payment, could i still claim the thousand i wonder

I only claimed 5 weeks of the payment, could i still claim the thousand i wonder

Have been in receipt of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment or a Jobseekers payment and have closed their claim on or after 18th May 2020;

worded wrote: »
    Have been in receipt of the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment or a Jobseekers payment and have closed their claim on or after 18th May 2020;

I might qualify so

• Advertisement

I might qualify so

safety measures
    >>>>business advice or mentoring
    repairs
    fuel
    wages
    Normal business costs are not generally included.

>>> see Item 2 above

I’m advising you to claim for this and the fee for this business advise is 100 euro

Your welcome

* Sorry I try to humour myself and others where possible. I see this isn’t after hours ...

Advertisement