Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liveline: de Welsh Megamint edition (see warning, 1st post)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Missed most of todays programme. Any Gold?

"Stay with us all of you, we'll be back after this." At 3 minutes to 3. :rolleyes:
    The scam calls were fun.

The rest nope bar the voice changer on the woman who's mum was in the same home as that poor woman who was raped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭shearforce

when people like this talk to me with non-stop yapping, I start tuning out. I wonder is this some of the problem.

probably more of an issue for me really tbh

John we have 10 seconds...HOW MUCH DID YOU LOSE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,429 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will Katie mention the return of Monsenior Duffy on Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,907 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Will Katie mention the return of Monsenior Duffy on Tuesday?

Monday? She said that.

I doubt it.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭shearforce

D'Arcy must have some head on him at the moment

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Monday? She said that.

I doubt it.
    Joe Duffy and bank hols....I don't think so!
    He would want double time I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

katy you messed up duffy not working monday bank holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,008 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Up until today I had thought Katie was very smart, good broadcaster and generally streetwise. But this? Surely, hopefully, she's just playing the part? Very disappointing if she can't see the unbelievably obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Red Fred

Monday? She said that.

I doubt it.

I'd say Joe spluttered out his Bollinger when he heard that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Monday? She said that.

I doubt it.

Hel be breaking down the door of the studio like a swat team to take calls about the nursing home asap

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

shearforce wrote: »
    when people like this talk to me with non-stop yapping, I start tuning out. I wonder is this some of the problem.

probably more of an issue for me really tbh

Imagine working in the bank and having to indulge these calling in to the bank in person. "I only linked on the email three times because I thought the first time was suspicious ".

Up until today I had thought Katie was very smart, good broadcaster and generally streetwise. But this? Surely, hopefully, she's just playing the part? Very disappointing if she can't see the unbelievably obvious.
    I have to agree....she is a bit more engaged that Joe Duffy...who sounds like he is asleep most of the time....but she doesn't challenge callers at all...not even a wee "to play devil's advocate....bla bla bla"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭amlinopta

No quarantining for the great one on his return from the chateau. Essential services maybe

gmisk wrote: »
    The rest nope bar the voice changer on the woman who's mum was in the same home as that poor woman who was raped.

And all due diligence was done and that was verified. It wasn't just someone having a laugh?

I can just imagine if Joe had been at the helm.

Joe:"Tell me Mary, not your real name, how did it make you feel?"
    Mary: Terrible Joe
    Joe:"Yeah, go on, tell us more Mary, aw yeah"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

amlinopta wrote: »
    No quarantining for the great one on his return from the chateau. Essential services maybe

Wonder will he be stopped and interviewed by the dept of social welfare inspectors on his rearival to these shores(that is if the great one has indeed left us this last fortnight)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

strange car outside gate 2day. being a few robberies so went to investigate. old perv in his 60s pants around ankles whacking off cock out etc.
    according to me 2 i have been sexually assaulted. can anyone pm me woke owens number i need therapy.
    in de real world daddy cretin lost the plot and kicked the **** out of his car. a few nice bumps and scuffs.
    very satisfying. rang guards, he said you should have kicked de car a few more times lol. de world has gone mad ted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

amlinopta wrote: »

He has de mobile on a site in Wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

You were scammed.

• Advertisement
    M

strange car outside gate 2day. being a few robberies so went to investigate. old perv in his 60s pants around ankles whacking off cock out etc.
    according to me 2 i have been sexually assaulted. can anyone pm me woke owens number i need therapy.
    in de real world daddy cretin lost the plot and kicked the **** out of his car. a few nice bumps and scuffs.
    very satisfying. rang guards, he said you should have kicked de car a few more times lol. de world has gone mad ted..

What colour was the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Hello.. will the dead fetish misery merchant have to self isolate for 14 days having returned from France, that country is on the red list.

No doubt he will get a pass or something, or maybe Damien O'R will do the quarantine for him.

I swear to god if he is back in RTE D4 studio and not working from the Chateau du Clontarf I'm going to shop him. For all the misery he enjoyed for months if not years now. Payback time. LOL, but it is an ecumenical matter just the same.

M

Did he really go to France?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

No one knows or should know, it's private anyway, am just musing on the misery liveline thread with downturned mouth and a bit of misery in me guts.

I should be the host :pac:

There's absolutely no factual basis for suggesting that he did. I don't know how this started, but it seems to have taken legs.

Neither does he get paid for bank holidays, or any holidays. Being a contractor, any holiday represents a loss of earnings.

I know I have the humour of a wet rag in saying that (sorry) but we needn't exaggerate or invent stuff to criticise Joe. There is plenty of material from 1345 to 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

There's absolutely no factual basis for suggesting that he did. I don't know how this started, but it seems to have taken legs.

Neither does he get paid for bank holidays, or any holidays. Being a contractor, any holiday represents a loss of earnings.

I know I have the humour of a wet rag in saying that (sorry) but we needn't exaggerate or invent stuff to criticise Joe. There is plenty of material from 1345 to 3pm.

Check behind the headstones in your local graveyard.

Joe will be there, ehm , re-plastering the old cracked ones.

He likes that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If he has a tan on Tuesday...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

What colour was the car?

white 20g ford focus

M

white 20g ford focus

Posh seats for his tugging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rtes-joe-duffy-calls-government-22457235

I realy am at a loss as to why he keeps going on about the circus.

Nice line at the end too: "I thought about getting on a bike, but as my daughter said to me, at my age it is a bit late to take it up,” he added.

“I have no sense of balance, I really don’t and I live in fear that if I was on it someone would open a car door and that would be the end of me.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,673 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

WW reporting there

Exactly how often are circuses in an area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

He has more in common with Ivor than we thought.
    “I have no sense of balance, I really don’t and I live in fear that if I was on it someone would open a car door and that would be the end of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

And he insists that getting these childrens’ shows back on the road is essential for the well-being of Irish youths.

Joe, I've news for you. Irish youths have more interesting things to do than going to circuses.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/rtes-joe-duffy-calls-government-22457235

I realy am at a loss as to why he keeps going on about the circus.
    Well-meaning but misplaced childhood nostalgia, would be my guess.

I'd shut the lot of them down permanently, if I had a choice.

There's only one "Duffy's Circus" that I find entertaining, and it runs between a quarter-to-two and 3pm weekdays.

M

Ah, but which Tuesday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,259 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Epic orchestral version of ‘Sunburst’ by Picturehouse :)

Glad to get a night's sleep last night after an otherwise nice hotel in Tullamore being filled with seemingly plenty of unsupervised salta de eert teenagers shouting through the night. The high volume of salta d'eert voices made much worse by paper-thin walls. Do people realise that you can gear every single thing being said in Irish hotels that come with a price tag under €150 per night? I was looking for Texas Tom to have a word about them.

Whilst in Offaly I dropped into Mena for a cuppa, her bog water tea is lovely, but her scones nearly broke my teeth as she had used too much floor and then over-baked them.

Much more likely to be Ashford Castle :) and I mean de castle itself, not de outhouse where I stayed. Actually I adored my one-nighter there, and for anyone with doggies, they accommodate them.

fritzelly wrote: »
    If he has a tan on Tuesday...

Oddly I actually got a tan being outdoors in de pelting relentless rain in de west of Ireland last week-de air is very pure there and sun's rays penetrate even thickest of clouds. Doobalin air is thick with fuel fumes that serve as sun protection. Completely different light in west.

I know I have the humour of a wet rag .

Jeez, you have us all in tears Ty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Oddly I actually got a tan being outdoors in de pelting relentless rain in de west of Ireland last week-de air is very pure there and sun's rays penetrate even thickest of clouds. Doobalin air is thick with fuel fumes that serve as sun protection. Completely different light in west.

You are obviously confusing a tan with rust.:pac:

M

So many topics for tomorrow...
    • John Hume RIP
    • Pubs reopening or rather not reopening
    • De Youth going crazy in Kilkee on de booze
    • Bank scams
    • A choice of 3 weeks worth of death stories harvested from the Liveline call centre and colour coded in to the Misery Filofax in order of additional misery bonus points included in the story.

• John Hume RIP
    • Bank scams
    • A choice of 3 weeks worth of death stories harvested from the Liveline call centre and colour coded in to the Misery Filofax in order of additional misery bonus points included in the story.

Maybe if the Circuses were open, the youth of today could go to them rather than get hammered in Kilkee?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Spoiler: the same group of teenagers were in the hotel and Kilkee. They're all out of work because their loiveleehud is...

...wait for it...

... DE CIRCUS

M

Maybe if the Circuses were open, the youth of today could go to them rather than get hammered in Kilkee?

I think the fancy lights on the bandstand brought them all in in their droves...

https://twitter.com/laurafennell2/status/1289748287772188674

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

It is very strange though how the man who almost always posts a photo of Clontarf on his daily morning stroll on his twitter feed goes into radio silence so to speak for the 3 weeks he's off............#justsayin'

As for your comment on "a loss of earmings'; I really think that's very badly worded - it's not a loss per se, rather than he didn't avail of the opportunity to "earn" more in his case. If I was earning €400,000+for a few hours work a week paid to me in the most tax efficient way possible I could afford to take the 10 weeks off Mr. Duffy does every year too.

Also, it seems off to use the contractor defence for the same man who, when spectaculary failing to understand the concept of a contractor himnself moaned publicly aboput not getting sick pay from RTE when he hurt the leg. This while he sued the lady who hit him btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

• John Hume RIP
    • Bank scams

Poor John Hume died too young. only a nipper at 83

It is very strange though how the man who almost always posts a photo of Clontarf on his daily morning stroll on his twitter feed goes into radio silence so to speak for the 3 weeks he's off............#justsayin'

As for your comment on "a loss of earmings'; I really think that's very badly worded - it's not a loss per se, rather than he didn't avail of the opportunity to "earn" more in his case. If I was earning €400,000+for a few hours work a week paid to me in the most tax efficient way possible I could afford to take the 10 weeks off Mr. Duffy does every year too.

Also, it seems off to use the contractor defence for the same man who, when spectaculary failing to understand the concept of a contractor himnself moaned publicly aboput not getting sick pay from RTE when he hurt the leg. This while he sued the lady who hit him btw.
    I don't follow Joe on Twitter (I was blocked, then unblocked!) but I assume he, naturally, uses it as a platform to promote himself and the show. The fact that he posts fewer tweets when he's off work is hardly a basis for inventing a claim that he's away in France — as far as I can tell, this France thing is a complete myth.

You are right to point out the fallacy of "a loss of earnings". No doubt Duffy's obscene fees have been carefully negotiated in a way that allows him ample time for holidays, and in this way, a bank holiday does not truly represent a loss of earnings.

I don't follow Joe on Twitter (I was blocked, then unblocked!) but I assume he, naturally, uses it as a platform to promote himself and the show. The fact that he posts fewer tweets when he's off work is hardly a basis for inventing a claim that he's away in France — as far as I can tell, this France thing is a complete myth.

You are right to point out the fallacy of "a loss of earnings". No doubt Duffy's obscene fees have been carefully negotiated in a way that allows him ample time for holidays, and in this way, a bank holiday does not truly represent a loss of earnings.

Ye boys have the street cred of having being blocked by Joe, whoy doesn't he block me instead of following me so to speak?

• Advertisement

Ye boys have the street cred of having being blocked by Joe, whoy doesn't he block me instead of following me so to speak?
    He's clearly trying to curry favour with you, Cat, watch him slide into your DMs any day now.

I am actually looking forward to tomorrow's show, because although it might turn into a veritable book-signing, Joe Duffy probably has more insight into Northern Irish politics than most broadcasters in RTÉ — which isn't saying much for RTÉ

I'd say it will be an interesting show, obviously the only possible topic is John Hume.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement