Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you sleep in the nip?

• 01-07-2020 12:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

I like to sleep in the nip. More freedom.

Do you sleep in the nip? 285 votes

Male - full PJ's
    0%
    Female - full PJ's
    4%
    StarkThe Black OiljohnnykilopartyguinnessNeitherJohnSeaFieldstonycascarinoharrjohnayotgdalyTuco88GoWhestBeechwoodspark 13 votes
    Male - underwear only
    4%
    Aisling(",)cute_cowrainbowtroutwoodchuckLollipops23Minier81mrsgillerIcsicssammyjo90Mystery Eggr93kaey5p2izunPurple MountainLillyfae 13 votes
    Female - underwear only
    46%
    Agent SmithKilOitBig EarsGregor SamsaCinaBalmed OutflanzercooperguyWibbsBulmersSharknoseMorporkZebra3Riesen_MealFingers McgintyRobAMercbogwalrusStrummsdotsmanxtal191 133 votes
    Male - in the nip
    4%
    gogoDoraDelitespuriouscharlietheminxxtara83elainerstwirlagigapacheMatta HarriMorbyShivvsAlex86Eire 12 votes
    Female - in the nip
    40%
    BlitzkriegerZhaneEarthhorseBambaatamoby2101markfinngeorgieMSheep ShaggerJupiterKidolerasAngryLonerHenry Ford IIIbogmanfanh3000bellylintarybvtcw0eolkfhowamidifferentRodinyosser hughesmurpho999 114 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

It depends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭con747

On where i'm sleeping:D

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Female - in the nip
    At home I sleep naked yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Female - underwear only
    I used to, but got funny looks from the other passengers, so I usually wear a nightie now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Little-known fact: clothes slowly suffocate you as you sleep. I spend every available moment not wearing clothes. Unfortunately, nudism never took off in Ireland... for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Female - underwear only
    Not in Ireland. Too bloody cold. Had an ex who used to but she grew up in a hot climate and it seems to be much more common there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

I sleep in my boxers, nothing else.
    The best nights sleep you'll get is in the winter when its Baltic outside and the rain is gently pattering down on the window and yer naked aside from the boxers and a big warm duvet pulled up over ya with no work the next morning.
    That's the stuff!
    Sometimes if life gets stressful and you're having trouble sleeping, just whack on the Ray D'Arcy show on the way home from work and then when yer lying in bed think back to what got said in the show. Out like a light, guaranteed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

sleep in boxers feels weird when you bolloc naked in bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Female - in the nip
    Only started sleeping in the nip about a year ago and I must say it feels great. I only put boxers on when it's mad cold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Female - underwear only
    Boxers and T-shirt in winter, boxers only in summer, I feel the cold ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Male - in the nip
    Can’t bear sleeves or bottoms in bed, feel like my limbs are being strangled. Wear pajamas going around the house and take them off going to bed, sleep in underwear and a vest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Female - in the nip
    Ball sack hanging out as it was intended and not suspended baby ......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

T-shirt and boxers unless I'm with company. So basically a T-shirt and boxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭talla10

Female - underwear only
    NewRed2 wrote: »
    I sleep in my boxers, nothing else.
    The best nights sleep you'll get is in the winter when its Baltic outside and the rain is gently pattering down on the window and yer naked aside from the boxers and a big warm duvet pulled up over ya with no work the next morning.
    That's the stuff!
    Sometimes if life gets stressful and you're having trouble sleeping, just whack on the Ray D'Arcy show on the way home from work and then when yer lying in bed think back to what got said in the show. Out like a light, guaranteed!

The best sleep is after a night shift in winter, rain pouring down, wind rattling the windows awful day. Everyone getting up for work on a miserable wet horrible day and you crawl into bed nice and snug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Female - underwear only
    The problem with sleeping bollock naked is what if you have an itchy anus during the night? Your sleeping self will just scratch that itch, no thinking about smelly fingers.

The trusty boxers provide some protection at least.

Female - underwear only
    KungPao wrote: »
    The problem with sleeping bollock naked is what if you have an itchy anus during the night? Your sleeping self will just scratch that itch, no thinking about smelly fingers.

The trusty boxers provide some protection at least.

You could just wear gloves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Or get the worms removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

I used to sleep naked but when the kids came along I stopped. I started again when the kids left home. And when the grandkids came along I stopped again. So now I sleep in boxers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Female - in the nip
    touts wrote: »
    Not in Ireland. Too bloody cold. Had an ex who used to but she grew up in a hot climate and it seems to be much more common there.

I find I warm up so much once I sleep that it's not too cold at all. Maybe I'm just naturally warm. :)

I really need to invest in a lighter duvet actually.

Female - underwear only
    Boxers and t-shirt except on very warm nights would just be boxers. Could never get comfortable sleeping in the nip and just wouldn’t get to sleep, don’t find it overly comfortable not wearing a t-shirt in bed even but has to be left off if very warm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Female - in the nip
    All night, every night.

Although I keep something handy in case the baby wanders in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Female - underwear only
    Only after the successful execution of one's conjugal rights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Lifelong dedicated naturist: (Yes, in Ireland too - yes, its a thing)
    BUT
    cold at night without a bit of cotton between me and the world.
    BUT
    why no "nightie" option? I wear like a little sundress with straps. Covers me chilly bumbum without getting a stranglehold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

Day Lewin wrote: »
    BUT
    BUT
    why no "nightie" option? I wear like a little sundress with straps. Covers me chilly bumbum without getting a stranglehold.

Oh you tease

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭twignme

Always have done, can't stand to have clothes wrapping themselves around me as I move around getting comfortable. Just like Marilyn Munroe said when asked what she wears in bed, she replied "Chanel No5".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Gloves are a must. Although I must admit I do find the mask a bit awkward in the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Female - in the nip
    Gloves are a must. Although I must admit I do find the mask a bit awkward in the bed.

Everybody knows you now Larry so no need for a mask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Female - in the nip
    Admit it. The Mary Lou mask is a turn on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

June to September!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Neames

Depends really.

If it's just an afternoon nap on the couch...yes.

At night I wear shorts and t-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭KungPao

Female - underwear only
    Neames wrote: »
    Depends really.

If it's just an afternoon nap on the couch...yes.

At night I wear shorts and t-shirt.

What if the postman peeps through the window and sees you starkers on the couch?

Female - underwear only
    KungPao wrote: »
    What if the postman peeps through the window and sees you starkers on the couch?

Many a classic grumble flick starts off in this exact way. It’s the dream we all aspire to. (Note: I am not a postman)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Female - full PJ's
    I can't sleep in the nip simple because the chaffing gives me a permanent erection and I cannot sleep. Most uncomfortable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

Nope, too much flopping about, Down there needs support!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Sir Guy who smiles

s1ippy wrote: »
    Little-known fact: clothes slowly suffocate you as you sleep....

That sound like a fact, but I don't think it is one.

• Advertisement

I'm a divil for pyjamas. I love them. I find it really hard to sleep naked and I think it's to do with the comfort that being covered brings me. There maybe be an underlying issue at play connected to exposure and safety, I'm not sure. I also love the feeling of weight so even with the summer duvet I sometimes put two pillows on top of me.

I'm strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

In the nip, with the wife?

Means only one thing, no sleep :D
    ....well, not for at least five minutes.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Female - in the nip
    Always. Have slept naked since my late teens.

It's the most comfortable way to sleep and when I wear PJs or any clothing in bed (when I've been in hospital or crashed on someone's couch in the past) I find I don't get anywhere as good and restful a slumber compared to being in the nip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Female - in the nip
    I (M) have yet to find pyjama pants that don't get twisted and uncomfortable on my legs. and/or get pulled up or down. Typical cotton PJs appear to be designed for people who just lie there like logs, never moving. I don't need the warmth, and they don't cover my feet, the part of me that gets coldest. Maybe if I could find a sheer silk onesie: something that doesn't tangle, covers my feet, and won't gape at the waist.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

Yes. It is far more comfortable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Female - underwear only
    I prefer sleeping in the nip but due to ' visitors' in the morning I tend to go underwear and tee shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,610 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Female - underwear only
    Day Lewin wrote: »
    BUT
    BUT
    I went through a phase, 8 or 9 years ago of wanting to explore naturalism but couldn't find anything on Google. I understand why meetings aren't widely published. I might look into it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭tscul32

I love sleeping in the nip, especially in summer but kids put a stop to that. My boys would be traumatised if they came in to find their ma naked in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I used to sleep nekkid, it's quite nice. But, about 10 years ago I copped that sleeping nekkid was resulting in my getting chest infections. So since then I sleep with just jocks and a tshirt. I'm a human radiator too, regardless of the weather, the missus of last used to shoo me away because I radiate heat. And even in the summer if I sleep without a tshirt, I'll still get sick, so I hate summers (along with the sun, as I'm ginger).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

I think I'd sooner sleep naked than in pyjamas. I mean, imagine if the house went on fire and I ended up having to run around outside in pyjamas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,269 ✭✭✭threeball

Female - in the nip
    Wearing clothes in bed is like wearing wellies in the bath. Pointless and uncomfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Female - underwear only
    I saw on some tv show that the Parachute Regiment recruits in the UK are made sleep naked. seemed pretty gay to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

Always when I'm in my own bed in my own place.

Would wear a very light nighty or shorts/string top in someone elses house or staying in a hotel out of respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭CrankyHaus

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I saw on some tv show that the Parachute Regiment recruits in the UK are made sleep naked. seemed pretty gay to me.

And to think the Paras spend so much time slagging off the Royal Marines for all their ritualised cross dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

I've always slept naked, for as long as I can remember. Can't beat the freedom. I'm curious as to those that sleep in boxers. They're obviously not the same ones you've had on all day, are they?

• Advertisement
Advertisement