Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch and save with a Bank of Ireland Mortgage

Options
  • 25-09-2018 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Cashback when you switch

Over the last year, people who’ve switched their mortgage to Bank of Ireland have discovered just how easy it is. More importantly, they stand to gain an average cashback windfall of €8,000.

€8,000 is based on 3% of the average mortgage switched to Bank of Ireland in the 12 months to June 2018, with 2% cashback paid on drawdown, and the remaining 1% cashback paid after five years.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]The average mortgage switched to Bank of Ireland in the 12 months to June 2018 was €277,734.[/font]

Choose a low fixed rate

At Bank of Ireland our fixed rates start from just 3% (3.7% APRC) for Loans to Value up to 80%. You could save money each month by choosing one of our fixed rate options.

Switch in just 3 simple steps
    1. Call the Switching team on 1890 365 850 to work out your cashback amount and how much you could save each month.
    2. [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Start your application.[/font]
    3. [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Let the Switching team guide you through the process. Easy![/font]

Call [font=Calibri","sans-serif]1890 365 850 [/font][font=Calibri","sans-serif]today.[/font]

Real life customer stories

Hear from a couple who successfully switched to Bank of Ireland.

https://youtu.be/D_faPjHE6so

Find out more

https://goo.gl/ydgTNk

3% Cashback available to First Time Buyers, Movers and Switchers who draw down a new mortgage by 30th June 2019 and hold a Bank of Ireland current account. 2% Cashback on draw down of a new mortgage. 1% bonus in 5 years subject to meeting the conditions of the mortgage. Additional 1% bonus not available for Buy to Let Investment mortgages.

The lender is Bank of Ireland Mortgages. Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. Over 18s only. Mortgage approval is subject to assessment of suitability and affordability. You mortgage your property to secure the loan. We require property and life insurance. Maximum loan is generally 3.5 times gross annual income and 80% of the property value but these limits may vary. A typical mortgage of €100,000 over 20 years with 240 monthly instalments costs €615.79 per month at 4.2% variable (Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) 4.3%). The total amount you pay is €148,114.60. APRC includes €150 valuation fee and mortgage charge of €175 paid to the Property Registration Authority. A 1% interest rate rise would increase monthly repayments by €54.02 per month.

Warning: The cost of your monthly repayments may increase.

Warning: If you do not keep up your repayments you may lose your home.

Warning: You may have to pay charges if you pay off a fixed–rate loan early.

Warning: If you do not meet the repayments on your loan, your account will go into arrears. This may affect your credit rating, which may limit your ability to access credit in the future.

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Bank of Ireland Mortgage Bank trading as Bank of Ireland Mortgages is regulated by the [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Central Bank of Ireland.[/font][/font]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭grasshopper31

I'm in the process of filling out the application, how long does the process take? We would be switching mortgage to BOI .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi grasshopper31,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. All mortgage applications are assessed case by case there would not be a set timeframe as they can vary. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you here.

Thanks Jen.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭candyman

Hi there BOI,

Is there a local number I can call instead of 1890 365 850, calls to this number are outside of my mobile bundle and will be charged.

Also can you provide a full list of the docs I need to provide to BOI to switch my mortgage to you.
    And a copy of the salary cert you need also.

I will send you my mobile in a PM now. (Update) actually just spotted you are not accepting PMs so let me know how I can ggive you my number to chat.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Candyman for reaching out to us today.

Just sent you a PM, sorry to hear you had difficulties sending one to us.

Come back to us when you can and we'll have one of our Mortgage Experts give you a call.

Many thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Hi Im currently coming out of a fixed rate mortgage with bank of Ireland and the best fixed rate being offered at moment is 2.9 % which is very expensive. Other banks Are way cheaper. Eg Ulster bank is offering the same length fixed rate mortgages at 2.3%, while also paying towards legal fees and valuation costs involved in switch. Is there any negotiation or matching offered to hold on to existing customers l? We have had mortgage with ye for over 9 years along with Current and deposit accounts and Would expect some customer appreciation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi Im currently coming out of a fixed rate mortgage with bank of Ireland and the best fixed rate being offered at moment is 2.9 % which is very expensive. Other banks Are way cheaper. Eg Ulster bank is offering the same length fixed rate mortgages at 2.3%, while also paying towards legal fees and valuation costs involved in switch. Is there any negotiation or matching offered to hold on to existing customers l? We have had mortgage with ye for over 9 years along with Current and deposit accounts and Would expect some customer appreciation

I’m in the same boat, spike to BOI last week and they weren’t bothered negotiating, strange considering I’m in a good position financially and can make a switch to another lender quite easily, clearly they are not bothered retaining customers!

I’m in the same boat, spike to BOI last week and they weren’t bothered negotiating, strange considering I’m in a good position financially and can make a switch to another lender quite easily, clearly they are not bothered retaining customers!

Just seen KBC are 2.25% with 3k towards fees...boi are going to have to up their game or they will just be left with defaulters

Just seen KBC are 2.25% with 3k towards fees...boi are going to have to up their game or they will just be left with defaulters

Ye I thought they would be doing everything they can to retain customers, clearly not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi LillySV and maxamillis

Thank you for taking the time to join the thread.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the mortgage rate offer you've received. We will certainly note this with our Mortgage Product Team.

Any changes to rates, we will certainly update within our main site www.bankofireland.com 

Many thanks
    Alison 

Hi LillySV and maxamillis

Thank you for taking the time to join the thread.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the mortgage rate offer you've received. We will certainly note this with our Mortgage Product Team.

Any changes to rates, we will certainly update within our main site www.bankofireland.com ;

Many thanks
    Alison 

Thanks Alison, I think it’s quite clear that BOI mortgage rates are not competitive in the current climate and also there want to retain customers seems to be non existent and evident through the lack of negotiation.

• Advertisement

Rang boi yesterday, told they would check with pricing team... came back later and offered us same high rate for a year longer!! I think they were just tryin to annoy me or be funny. Anyways I’m about to pull my mortgage and around 60k from boi. Bye bye boi

Rang boi yesterday, told they would check with pricing team... came back later and offered us same high rate for a year longer!!  I think they were just tryin to annoy me or be funny. Anyways I’m about to pull my mortgage and around 60k from boi. Bye bye boi
    Thanks for the update LillySV. 

We are really sorry to hear this. Please be assured your experience has been passed to our Product Mortgage Team. 

Many thanks
    Alison

Ye really are a useless shower... rang your help line 4 times today to try request bank statement and same thing happens Each time ... it just hangs up after 6 and a half mins! Total joke ... glad I’m moving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi LillySV,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today.

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulty getting through to one of our colleagues. Could we ask you to send us a DM with the number you were calling? We’ll be happy to look into this and help you further.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi LillySV,

We’re sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulty getting through to one of our colleagues. Could we ask you to send us a DM with the number you were calling? We’ll be happy to look into this and help you further.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Richard,

My requirements have now changed. Could you please advise how I could go about withdrawing All my money from my savings account?do I have to Fill any form? Can I do it remotely or do I have to attend a branch? Is there anyone working in your branch anyways as it seems their phones are all transferred to your 6 min cut off no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi LillySV,

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Richard,

My requirements have now changed. Could you please advise how I could go about withdrawing All my money from my savings account?do I have to Fill any form? Can I do it remotely or do I have to attend a branch? Is there anyone working in your branch anyways as it seems their phones are all transferred to your 6 min cut off no
    Thanks for getting back in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

Can I check if you can view your savings account on your 365 online? If so, you can opt to withdraw your funds from there. 

Alternatively, you can absolutely call into any of our branches with photo ID and one of my colleagues will be more than happy to help. Our branch phone lines would be managed by our Customer Service Team, they are also available Monday to Friday 9am-5pm to help you with any account query. They can be contacted on 0818 365 365, please be assured one of my colleagues will assist you as soon as they become available. 

Thanks, Aisling

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mmmarek

Hi Aisling
    I have a personal account BoI.
    Can I change this accout to Basic Bank Account ?

mmmarek wrote: »
    Hi Aisling
    I have a personal account BoI.
    Can I change this accout to Basic Bank Account ?
    Hi mmmarek, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. We have answered this query for you on your original post. 

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BaNAMA302010

WE HAVE HAD 3% fixed for last 4 years just about to come out in 1 year/ 3 months time. Would have liked to remain and negotiate as PTSB and AIB seem to allow their fixed rate customers to switch to lower green rate when B3 for higher BER is achieved as our dwelling has this month.

We will prob switch to AIB if they still have the 2.15% green fixed for 5 years following last friday's announcement of a 0.5% rise.

Is there a contact email or phone we can use to discuss with BoI Mortgages - particularly to calculate breakage fee against the 1k staying bonus or see if they were willing to negotiate with long standing customers looking at going elsewhere.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Please contact our colleagues in the Mortgage team on 016113333 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday where we'll be happy to discuss your options.

Thanks,

Declan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi

How do I go about a Green Mortgage switcher tried to get in touch with Drogheda and Rahney no reply.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

For information on our Green Mortgage, please see this link below. You can also contact our direct mortgage sales team on 0818365345. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

Green Mortgage - Bank of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭bewhiched

Hi Megan

I got an appointment for Tuesday thank you

Advertisement