Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost-Effective, High-Functionality, User-Friendly Replacement for Pay TV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

carlito57 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend an easy to use client (e.g. a roku streaming stick) for streaming live channels from the alphaplus in another room?
    okla wrote: »
    I use dream player on an Amazon firestick and it works a treat.

Thanks for this info.
    I tried to download Dream player on firestick last night, with no luck.
    Is there a specific web address for this site on the downloader option on firestick please ?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

You don't need to use the downloader option to install this.
    Just search and get it direct from the Amazon store.

Thanks

Was able to get this from the amazon store, and it was extremely easy to set up.

Qust 1 quick question. It is prompting me to upgrade to a six pounds sterling account, is this mandatory or can I continue using it without suscribing ?
    Thanks

Was able to get this from the amazon store, and it was extremely easy to set up.

Just 1 quick question. It is prompting me to upgrade to a six pounds sterling account, is this mandatory or can I continue using it without suscribing ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

mine is on my phone and not paid for any upgrade ,think it removes adverts .
    still working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wheatln2

Hi there. Am delighted with the setup and notes here so far, thanks to all in the community for this!

One thing - is there a good plugin/extension or setting to sort the "movies" list into series views. So all episodes of "Match of the Day" are sorted into a folder called "Match of the Day" etc.... I know it's a fairly basic query but just wondering if there's a way to do it with this image. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fireless

Hi all
    I have lost all my EPG information other than 'now and next' pertaining to satellite programs I have been exploring but if I have changed anything it is completely accidental, everything appears to work as it did except for the EPG, I do not want to do a reload as I have managed to set up a favourites bouquet with the channels that I require and have changed my saorview transmitter to 3 Rock. Have Sky changed the transponder with the EPG info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭NewClareman

fireless wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have lost all my EPG information other than 'now and next' pertaining to satellite programs I have been exploring but if I have changed anything it is completely accidental, everything appears to work as it did except for the EPG, I do not want to do a reload as I have managed to set up a favourites bouquet with the channels that I require and have changed my saorview transmitter to 3 Rock. Have Sky changed the transponder with the EPG info?

Yeah, if you're using my latest build it uses EPG Refresh. From time to time it seems to fail to download, I don't know why. I reinstalled CrossEPG and it is now working fine, without any of the issues I was getting before.

wheatln2 wrote: »
    Hi there. Am delighted with the setup and notes here so far, thanks to all in the community for this!

One thing - is there a good plugin/extension or setting to sort the "movies" list into series views. So all episodes of "Match of the Day" are sorted into a folder called "Match of the Day" etc.... I know it's a fairly basic query but just wondering if there's a way to do it with this image. Thanks in advance.

If you're using my build MovieOrganiser, which does exactly what you want, should be installed already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭a clanger

Yeah, if you're using my latest build it uses EPG Refresh. From time to time it seems to fail to download, I don't know why. I reinstalled CrossEPG and it is now working fine, without any of the issues I was getting before.

Where/how do you reinstall crossepg ?? TIA

well done NCM. I would like to know how to change the source for the EPG. rather than exploring and changing things that I might not understand the implications of changing

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭wheatln2

If you're using my build MovieOrganiser, which does exactly what you want, should be installed already.

Unfortunately it's not on the list, mustn't have come across or something went wrong.

Is there a place to find the .ipk file for it that I could put on a USB and re-install it? Thanks in advance

a clanger wrote: »
    Where/how do you reinstall crossepg ?? TIA
    well done NCM. I would like to know how to change the source for the EPG. rather than exploring and changing things that I might not understand the implications of changing

To install Cross EPG, on my latest build:

Menu - Blue Button - Setup - 0000 - Software Management - Advanced Options - Packet Management - enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-crossepg

Turn off auto updating for EPGRefresh and on for CrossEPG and you're good to go.
    wheatln2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's not on the list, mustn't have come across or something went wrong.

Is there a place to find the .ipk file for it that I could put on a USB and re-install it? Thanks in advance

To install MovieOrganisor

Menu - Blue Button - Setup - 0000 - Software Management - Advanced Options - Packet Management - enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor

strange things are happening,
    first: I am using NCM's latest backup ie.6.3

second: re flashed box with NCM backup, changed saorview source, enabled crossepg, disabled refreshepg, did a
    download, error message ' crossepg timeout for tuner lock', deleted all timers and programs associated,
    bouquets o.k. including an empty 'favourite' bouquet, no epg data for satellites.

third: went to 'signal finder' tuner A srn-79% ,agc-95%, ber-0, lock- tick dvb-s
    tuner B srn-0 agc-0 ber-0 lock-0 dvb-s
    tuner C " " " " dvb-t2
    loop A to B hard wired
    signal appears on B for about 5 sec when first switched from A

fourth: 'favourite' bouquet has now disappeared.

fifth: all programmes are available but only epg for saorview.

the more I explore the more complicated the programme I would have never found the change to epg if I had not been told by NCM many thanks for help so far

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Have you not got 2 single feeds for sat tuners.
    Been a long while as not used cross epg,do providers need an update first then try scanning as their reference point may have changed. I only use epg refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,640 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Gonna finally cancel Sky when the current free PL games are finished and then go FTA by installing this system. Was thinking of getting a Humax box with external hard drive for recording. Is there anything I need to look out for spec wise with the box? Also presume I need a USB stick too to load software or can it be done with a Firestick

strange things are happening,
    first: I am using NCM's latest backup ie.6.3

second: re flashed box with NCM backup, changed saorview source, enabled crossepg, disabled refreshepg, did a
    download, error message ' crossepg timeout for tuner lock', deleted all timers and programs associated,
    bouquets o.k. including an empty 'favourite' bouquet, no epg data for satellites.

third: went to 'signal finder' tuner A srn-79% ,agc-95%, ber-0, lock- tick dvb-s
    tuner B srn-0 agc-0 ber-0 lock-0 dvb-s
    tuner C " " " " dvb-t2
    loop A to B hard wired
    signal appears on B for about 5 sec when first switched from A

fourth: 'favourite' bouquet has now disappeared.

fifth: all programmes are available but only epg for saorview.

the more I explore the more complicated the programme I would have never found the change to epg if I had not been told by NCM many thanks for help so far

It appears that you are using one satellite feed, hence the loop from A to B. There are settings for that, but you'll need to search the thread. For now I'd change the setting to one tuner. This will allow you to download the CrissEPG EPG.

By default, ABM is set to remove other Bouquets- hence why you lost your favourites. There is a setting in ABM to keel non ABM bouquets.

Hope this helps....

Discovered incorrect setup for tuners A should have been loop thru to B. C was pointed to 3 rock but config set to channel 21 now set to 35 and signal now on C. The reason I had to do a re flash was because I made a mess of enabling crossepg. All appears to be working properly now. You have come trumps NCM once again.

Discovered incorrect setup for tuners A should have been loop thru to B. C was pointed to 3 rock but config set to channel 21 now set to 35 and signal now on C. The reason I had to do a re flash was because I made a mess of enabling crossepg. All appears to be working properly now. You have come trumps NCM once again.

Glad I could help. 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Lads can the Irish channels be integrated with the English ones on the same EPG? Looking at a humax 1000s

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭decor58

Lads can the Irish channels be integrated with the English ones on the same EPG? Looking at a humax 1000s

You can't get Irish channels on a freesat box.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

They can if you get a combo box, an Enigma 2 box will give you loads of flexibility. The Humax 1000s is a Freesat box though, which means you can only get the Freesat channels, which won't include Irish channels (Irish channels are not FTA on satellite).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭swoofer

did you ever get the tiviar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭andy1249

I have a 1000s , had it for years and it was good while it was working , then it stopped recognising the hard drive.
    This is a known fault , nothing actually wrong with the hard drive which is now working fine in something else.

1000s is a freesat box which means it works with the branded freesat EPG service , recordings are encrypted to each box , no channel four HD , and known ongoing issues.
    It is not a combo box , it is satellite only and there is no recording for channels not on the freesat EPG service.
    Humax have lost the freesat contract and Arris have it now.

I wouldn't buy a humax box now.

At the moment , the best bang for buck Combo box is the Zgemma H7s
    With one of those you can combine Saorview terrestrial and FTA satellite channels onto one EPG.

In terms of user friendliness , openvix has a full manual that you can download , its the only enigma 2 image that does.
    The blueHD skin looks like the skyHD menu so is easy to get used too.

Once you've learnt all the terms , this takes a while , then you can switch from openvix if you like.
    The menu items/terminology are the same between images , they are just in different places , so because openvix has a manual , that's the best one to start with.

andy you can get the 1000s repaired in ENNISKILLEN for about €54.00 that is all in. And they are quick.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi Guys, I've been using this guide for idea on how to configure my Zgeamma H7s, so thanks.

It wasn't passing the wife test with the multiple tuners showing in multiple bouquets, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Does anyone have a bouquet already made with both saorview and satellite channels together?

Thanks

this thread is for the Tiviar!! There is a separate thread for the H7S and you can configure it to do as you asked?

Its this one

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057971250&page=18

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

swoofer wrote: »
    this thread is for the Tiviar!! There is a separate thread for the H7S and you can configure it to do as you asked?

Its this one

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057971250&page=18

Thanks, I'll check it out.

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »
    Hi Guys, I've been using this guide for idea on how to configure my Zgeamma H7s, so thanks.

It wasn't passing the wife test with the multiple tuners showing in multiple bouquets, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it. Does anyone have a bouquet already made with both saorview and satellite channels together?

Thanks
    @MarkR with a small amount of work the setup I have shown can be used with any enigma 2 box. I will upload the files and give instructions on using them in the next couple of days.
    swoofer wrote: »
    @swoofer much of the information on this thread relates to any enigma 2 box.

Advertisement