If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG B9

Options
  • 05-06-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I bought an LG B9 from you online yesterday and I'm just wondering if you could give me advice on using an X Box One X as a 4k blu ray player or using an Apple tv 4k to stream from?

thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Rigante82 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I bought an LG B9 from you online yesterday and I'm just wondering if you could give me advice on using an X Box One X as a 4k blu ray player or using an Apple tv 4k to stream from?

thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

I'm a playstation man myself so might be much help on an XBox.

Are you having issues with your Xbox and the Apple TV 4K?

I would have thought you just need to connect the Xbox into the TV via HDMI and that would be it just like the PS pro for 4K or jst liek any other 4K BLuray player.
    You do need to make sure your HDMI cables are 4K compatible though.

Apple TV runs off a subscription for its 4K content like Netflix and Amazon prime video.

Let me know what you are having issues with and I'll see what i can come up with for you.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Rigante82

Hi guys,

thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

I would have thought you just need to connect the Xbox into the TV via HDMI and that would be it just like the PS pro for 4K or jst liek any other 4K BLuray player.

Apple TV runs off a subscription for its 4K content like Netflix and Amazon prime video.

Let me know what you are having issues with and I'll see what i can come up with for you.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Sorry I wasn't clear in the 1st post. I'm looking for any advice you'd have on which would be best for picture/sound quality, the Xbox one X or the Apple tv 4k. The B9 I bought off you is my first 4k tv and I'm looking for advice on what to feed it. I have the Xbox already but I know apple offer a wide range of 4k movies but I'd have to go out and buy one.

Thanks

Hi guys,

thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Sorry I wasn't clear in the 1st post. I'm looking for any advice you'd have on which would be best for picture/sound quality, the Xbox one X or the Apple tv 4k. The B9 I bought off you is my first 4k tv and I'm looking for advice on what to feed it. I have the Xbox already but I know apple offer a wide range of 4k movies but I'd have to go out and buy one.

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

To be honest I'm not sure on the quality of the 4K player in the xBOx X as I have not used one before.

Usually a player will give a better picture .quality over streaming as with streaming several things can affect the picture quality.
    Mainly your bandwidth.

I use 4k Netflix at home myself and it not bad to be honest.
    However I feel I get a far better image from my Sony 4K Bluray Player.

You could always sign up to Apples service for a month and see what you think of the quality and if your not happy cancel it again.
    The LG B9 should have the Apple Tv app built in so no need to purchase a separate Apple TV box.

I hope this helps a little.

Any questions please let me know.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Rigante82

Hi guys,

thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

To be honest I'm not sure on the quality of the 4K player in the xBOx X as I have not used one before.

Usually a player will give a better picture .quality over streaming as with streaming several things can affect the picture quality.
    Mainly your bandwidth.

You could always sign up to Apples service for a month and see what you think of the quality and if your not happy cancel it again.
    The LG B9 should have the Apple Tv app built in so no need to purchase a separate Apple TV box.

Kenny.
    Thanks for the replies Kenny

Hi guys,

thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny,

Thanks
    Hi Rigante82.

Mainly your bandwidth.

Kenny.
    Thanks for the replies Kenny
    No problem at all Rigante82.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a good weekend.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.