Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General TV/Movie/VideoGame Thread-Use Spoiler Tags for Spoilers!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thanks! Do I need to watch all the series of each beforehand? I like flash, arrow, and Supergirl and legends. I don't have time for Batwoman and possibly black lightning

Neither Batwoman or BL need much viewing to understand the crossover.

Most of Batwomans stuff is covered in the crossovers. If you saw last year’s crossover, then that’s 90% of her character origins covered. There’s one character from her show has a very minor scene, and then there’s a trip to a character important to her lore but it’s introduced and dealt with in the cross over. But i don’t think there’s much reference to her actual show and it’s ongoing plot.

Black Lightning, I don’t think there’s ANY prior knowledge needed. The entirety of his character in the crossover is “oh hey, it’s another hero. Cool.”. He only plays a very, very minor part. Like, maybe three or four scenes over the entire crossover.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The only ones that dealt with the crisis before the crossover were Flash and Arrow, but Arrow is the main one as it's the final season and they build up to Crisis throughout.
    I stopped watching Supergirl a while ago and no trouble following what was going on.
    I watch Batwoman but, as said, very little tie-in to the crossover.
    For Legends, the crossover is the first episode of the new season so none to watch beforehand.

I don't watch Black Lightning and didn't seem like there was much to his character in Crisis. I suppose since the others knew each other, he had to explain to them who he was so we find out the same way

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks!

I'll follow the Supergirl, Flash, and arrow upto the crossover then add in the rest as needed.

I liked black lightning for the first season, just had some wierd story jumps, and odd editing, and there's just too much TV to follow these days

I liked Arrow at the start and same with Flash but both got pretty annoying and a lot of moaning. Legends went the opposite way. First season was just okay, but later seasons just decided to embrace the ridiculousness and have fun.
    Not too fussed about keepingBatwoman going.

As you say, there's too much to watch without watching shows just for the sake of it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I liked Arrow at the start and same with Flash but both got pretty annoying and a lot of moaning. Legends went the opposite way. First season was just okay, but later seasons just decided to embrace the ridiculousness and have fun.
    Not too fussed about keepingBatwoman going.

As you say, there's too much to watch without watching shows just for the sake of it

I'm looking forward to legends again. Sometimes TV can be just be fun

Flash Arrow and Supergirl have always been watchable, because the main three actors have always been worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I binged watch The Sopranos for the first time last week. Only to find out today that Michael Imperioli And Steve Schirripa are doing a podcast together.

Perfect timing to re-watch it again. :pac:

Christian Bale has joined the cast of the new Thor film, and will play the main antagonist.

What a bloody casting.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,450 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Christian Bale has joined the cast of the new Thor film, and will play the main antagonist.

What a bloody casting.

It will be interesting to see if Taika Waititi will add some humour to Bale's villian and how Bale will do with his comedy

GOTG also set to feature in new Thor

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lord TSC wrote: »

What a bloody casting.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if Taika Waititi will add some humour to Bale's villian and how Bale will do with his comedy

GOTG also set to feature in new Thor

Ronnie James Dio's Rainbow In The Dark track off Holy Diver is also set to feature in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wrestling homemade B movie Starring Matt Cross and Britt Baker and a couple of other indy's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

horror movie: Girl on the third-floor staring CM PUCK, now on netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 60,392 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Big Show Show arrives April 6th on Netflix.

15 years since The Office US debuted

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The Big Show Show arrives April 6th on Netflix.

That looks horrendous

It looks like it would fit on the Disney Channel in the era of Hannah Montana, Suite Life, That's So Raven and so on.

I think it looks like it's aimed at kids. Not even teenagers, but younger kids in the age bracket of the daughters. Which is perfectly fine. There's a market for that level of sitcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Anyone watching any new shows during the lockdown??

Started watching peaky blinders myself and loving it. Just started season 4. Found Season 3 to be the weakest out of the ones I've watched so far but it had its moments too

Got the year of disney+, can't wait to watch all the old cartoon versions of Xmen and Spider man classics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone watching any new shows during the lockdown??

Animal Kingdom on amazon prime

I've been recommended Tiger King on Netflix, which I'll get too once I've wrapped playing Doom: Eternal.

Netflix WWE film. Looks like mainly NXT guys involved.

Interesting seeing the cage they're using

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Netflix WWE film. Looks like mainly NXT guys involved. Interesting seeing the cage they're using

"ooh look at him, he wants to be a WWE superstar!"

I love how the bullies are insulting him but still have brand awareness :pac:

• Advertisement

Maybe that's the insult. It's clear they're smarks so aren't gong to use AEW or "wrestler" as an insult. :)

Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Issa Rae, and Dany Garcia are set to executive produce a half-hour series in development at HBO about the creation of a backyard wrestling promotion.
    The project is currently titled “TRE CNT” (a.k.a “TRE COUNT”) and hails from writer Mohamad El Masri. The series focuses on Cassius Jones, a young dock worker and struggling pro-wrestler, who uses inherited life-insurance money for start-up cash and the deed to a shotgun house from his grandfather to start a hip-hop centric backyard wrestling empire in Houston’s Third Ward (The Tre) with the help of his working-class family, neighbors, and friends.
    El Masri is an executive producer on the project in addition to writing.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/dwayne-johnson-issa-rae-dany-garcia-hbo-wrestling-series-1234584923/

Was I the only one that read "CNT" with a 'U' but no 'O'?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Figured this would be a good spot to advertise the latest tournament I'm running. You pick your favourite character in head to head battles on the games forum.

Cartoon Wars 2: South Park vs Family Guy.

My GF is watching all the star wars for the first time in story order.

She's fallen in love with characters in rogue one can't wait to see her reaction at the end not knowing the beginning of a new hope

So that's Phantom Menace, Attack of the clones, The Clone Wars movie and series, Revenge of the Sith, Solo, Rebels series, Rogue One, A New Hope, Holiday Special, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Mandalorian series, Rebels series, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker.
    That should keep you going for a while. :)

Not sure where the Ewoks movies come into it. Think they're before RotJ

So that's Phantom Menace, Attack of the clones, The Clone Wars movie and series, Revenge of the Sith, Solo, Rebels series, Rogue One, A New Hope, Holiday Special, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Mandalorian series, Rebels series, Force Awakens, Last Jedi, Rise of Skywalker.
    That should keep you going for a while.

Not sure where the Ewoks movies come into it

She watched the Mandalorian and wanted to watch the movies, we've done prequel trilogy (they are awful with some nice moments) Solo and now rogue one. Original trilogy starts tomorrow and there won't be cartoons. I've watched clone wars and rebels (which is very good) I might skip the holiday special I don't think it's on Disney plus

Star Wars Prequels > Sequel trilogy.

At least the prequels served a story purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Star Wars original series is dreadfully overrated I mean I actually really like them but I always think fans have built up this mythical thing with them that there so great but there’s issues with all them

But saying that attack of the clones is one of the worst movies ever made but I’ve enjoyed the all of the rest of them

• Advertisement

I own the Ewoks movies on dvd and, yes, I'm admitting it. They were sold as 2 movies in 1 case. Haven't watched the dvds yet. Probably done as a double sided dvd like the El Mariachi/Desperado combo.
    Saw the films years ago when I was a kid. May watch them some day.

Advertisement