Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pope Francis & Coronavirus

Options
  • 28-03-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

I got a text from my parents yesterday about Pope Francis' special prayer for the Coronavirus pandemic so I tuned in on youtube and I was very struck by it. Still thinking about it today.

If you are Catholic (or Christian in general perhaps) I think you would find it very comforting so that's why I'm sharing it here.

I think it was just so dramatic - darkness versus light, Pope Francis and an empty square, the silence and then the clash of bells and sirens at the end.

Some very beautiful moments with the reading from Mark, the icon, the crucifix, the blessed sacrament and the blessing for the world.

I suppose it was a deeply religious response to the crisis. A call to faith in Jesus and I feel hopeful having watched it.

Advertisement