Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid Illness benefit

Options
  • 28-03-2020 12:33am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine has covid 19 symptoms and has been in contact with a known case. He is self-isolating as a result and can't work. He's applied for this illness payment, the form says that he must post in the doctor's cert. Now, the issue is that he can't go to collect the doctor's cert. He has to self isolate. How can he get around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

timhenn wrote: »
    A friend of mine has covid 19 symptoms and has been in contact with a known case. He is self-isolating as a result and can't work. He's applied for this illness payment, the form says that he must post in the doctor's cert. Now, the issue is that he can't go to collect the doctor's cert. He has to self isolate. How can he get around this?

Get the dr to post it.
    My gp isn't taking none covid appointments, still got a script sent to the pharmacy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Get the dr to post it.
    My gp isn't taking none covid appointments, still got a script sent to the pharmacy.

His doctor said it has to be collected and asked could he get someone to collect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

timhenn wrote: »
    His doctor said it has to be collected and asked could he get someone to collect it!

Get him to ring, ask is the form ready and simply say if it can't be posted he'll make his way in for it as he has no one to collect it or could they possibly scan and email it to him, so he avoids the risk of contaminating others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Get him to ring, ask is the form ready and simply say if it can't be posted he'll make his way in for it as he has no one to collect it or could they possibly scan and email it to him, so he avoids the risk of contaminating others.

He might have to try that. Seems crazy altogether.

Advertisement