Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Potholes Left Behind in Leixlip

Options
  • 18-03-2020 11:53am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I posted a message for Kildare County Council via fixyourstreet.ie about some large potholes on Old Hill in Leixlip
    I have been informed that it is an issue for Irish Water
    These potholes are large, pose a slight danger to motorists and a large danger to both cyclists or motorcyclists.

http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/reports/view/143352?s=e&full=1

Can you please arrange for this work to be completed properly ASAP?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Irish Water: Daniel V

Hi Seth,

Thank you for getting in touch and for highlighting this matter.

The maintenance of the roads falls under the remit of the Road's Department of the Local Authority. However, can you confirm the below details via PM please and a member of our team will look into this further for you?

- Name;
    - Contact number;
    - Full address of the affected area;
    - What type of Irish Water works took place here; and
    - The dates of the works.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Daniel, I've contacted the council and they say it's for IW to resolve. There are massive craters in the road and the council reckon it's an IW problem I'm reporting it. I'm not reporting a leaking tap nor am I getting caught in the middle of two slow moving organisations.
    I've given all details available to me. They are three large craters in the road.
    Have your agents dug there recently? If not then I'm happy to go back to KCC and tell them.

Hi Seth,

Thank you for your message and apologies for the inconvenience.

In order for our local Water Department to investigate this matter we will require the below information, which you can send via PM.

- Full address of the area, including the county;

If you wish to receive any updates in relation to this, we will require your name and contact number as well. If you do not know what Irish Water works took place here, this may affect the quality of any investigation as these potholes may be the result of other works in the area.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I am reporting some large potholes in the road which I was told by Kildare County Council are the responsibility of IW. 
    Why is it really this difficult to report something as simple as damage to a road allegedly caused by IW?
    - Full address of the area, including the county;

1. They can be found taking up large spaces on the R404 in Leixlip close to the entrance to the Knockaulin estate. 
    Leixlip is a town in County Kildare.
    Unfortunately, there is no Eircode for holes in the ground. :rolleyes:

2. In terms of the kind of works that were completed, I cannot say as I was not there. 
    I'd hazard a rough guess that the ground was opened up using a combination of a digger type machine and an abundance of people with a single shovel. They then dumped several bodies and a few barrels of nuclear waste and subsequently filled in the holes albeit very badly! :rolleyes:

3. They appeared over the last number of days - lets say a week ago (but I'm guessing).

Now joking aside, I've given you everything you need already. Please stop adding layers of bureaucracy for the sake of it.

Hi Seth,

Thank you for providing this information and we have sent this to our local Water Department for investigation.

We want to highlight as that this has been sent anonymously and you will not be able to receive updates in relation to this investigation.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Daniel

• Advertisement

Thanks Daniel.

Hi Seth,

You're very welcome. Let us know if you have any further queries and we'll do our best to help.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Advertisement