Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishing emails

Options
  • 26-02-2020 8:04pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I take it this isn't from Blacknight. Received same at both my iol email addresses, so no doubt many more people will have too. Both came from 'Blacknight <scoilnuala@eircom.net>'

Oddly the link brings you to the original Blacknight site, seems pointless as phishing emails goes.

Comments

Hi Blade,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do not send email from an eircom.net address.

Don't click the link. The linked text is the address of our site, but the actual hyperlink behind it is to a phishing page.

We've had a couple of reports like this. If you'd like to help, we would appreciate if you could forward the email you received, to us at help@blacknight.com.

Thanks,
    Conn

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hi Blade,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We do not send email from an eircom.net address.

Don't click the link. The linked text is the address of our site, but the actual hyperlink behind it is to a phishing page.

We've had a couple of reports like this. If you'd like to help, we would appreciate if you could forward the email you received, to us at help@blacknight.com.

Thanks,
    Conn
    Hi Conn,

Yeah the 'eircom.net' was the main giveaway.

Thankfully they actually forgot to include the hyperlink behind the text, so if any of your users clicked the link they were just directed to your site.

I've forward the two I got from both my accounts to that email, and will in future just forward any more there.

Thanks 

Thanks for your help! :) 

Advertisement