If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 55OLED804

Options
  • 24-01-2020 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Well my trusty Sony KDL-2000W (still going strong and looking good) is probably due an upgrade.

I'm looking at the 55OLED804, invested in Hue so the Ambilight is appealing, and reviews on TV seem good. The price on this has fluctuated greatly in the last couple of months and with the new 805 being announced is there any movement on the current price or would I be best waiting another month on two?

Any indicative pricing for the 805? 

Looking at the specs in seems that the 805 has only one sat tuner whereas the 804 has two, another reason the 804 is drawing me, is this correct?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,146 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

THE ALM wrote: »
    Well my trusty Sony KDL-2000W (still going strong and looking good) is probably due an upgrade.

I'm looking at the 55OLED804, invested in Hue so the Ambilight is appealing, and reviews on TV seem good. The price on this has fluctuated greatly in the last couple of months and with the new 805 being announced is there any movement on the current price or would I be best waiting another month on two?

Any indicative pricing for the 805? 

Looking at the specs in seems that the 805 has only one sat tuner whereas the 804 has two, another reason the 804 is drawing me, is this correct?

Thanks
    Hey The Alm.

Thanks for the post.

The 804 is a cracking television and produces a very good picture. It also uses an Android operating system.

The 805 when released is showing in its spec as having only the one Satellite connection.
    Going over the spec of the two its hard to pin point a difference in performance. They will both use the same chip set, same processor and are both 10 bit 100Hz panels.
    The 805 is showing as being able to process more audio technologies. Like Dolby Bass Enhancement, Dolby volume leveler, Dolby Digital MS12 and Dolby AC-4 but I'm not sure how important this will be to the normal purchaser.

I've no word on the 805 price as of yet.

Pricing on the 55OLED804 is currently the lowest we have sold them for from their release.
    Priced at up at £1289 
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204300-philips-55oled804-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-hd.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Thanks for the feedback Kenny, don't think that the 805 will offer me anything over the 804 for now and the single tuner will probably take it off the list anyway.

Will see how the price goes over the next few weeks and with the 31st January next week I am not sure if this will be a good or bad thing...

Thanks for the feedback Kenny, don't think that the 805 will offer me anything over the 804 for now and the single tuner will probably take it off the list anyway.

Will see how the price goes over the next few weeks and with the 31st January next week I am not sure if this will be a good or bad thing...
    Hey The Alm.

No problem at all :)

Keep your eye on our website for any price changes.

Hi Kenny,

I see the price has dropped again so just checking is there any movement on this price? (no harm in asking as they say)

It is now getting tempting!

Thanks

Hi Kenny,

I see the price has dropped again so just checking is there any movement on this price? (no harm in asking as they say)

It is now getting tempting!

Thanks
    Hi The Alm.

Unfortunately I could not offer any further discount on the reduced price.

At the moment we are showing no stock at our main warehouse. I've checked our goods incoming list and we are due another hit of them (all be it a small amount) on the 27th Feb. 

As the product is live on our .ie website orders can be placed and will go inline for the stock as it arrives.

Any questions please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks Kenny,

Will get the order through.

I suspect with this will soon be replaced with the 805 that is due soon.

Thanks Kenny,

Will get the order through.

I suspect with this will soon be replaced with the 805 that is due soon.
    Hey The Alm.

It will be replaced at some point over the coming months.

I haven't had a release date just yet on the new Philips OLED range.

Thanks Kenny, order has gone through

Thanks Kenny, order has gone through
    Cheers The Alm :D

I'll look after it for you and keep you posted on shipping.

Just a thank you for the service as usual, got it fitted and connected and a fantastic looking tv.

Now to spend a bit of time optimising the picture settings and I should be good to go for another few years.

If I get the service from this as the previous Sony I will be happy out, thanks again.

• Advertisement

Just a thank you for the service as usual, got it fitted and connected and a fantastic looking tv.

Now to spend a bit of time optimising the picture settings and I should be good to go for another few years.

If I get the service from this as the previous Sony I will be happy out, thanks again.
    Hey The Alm.

Thanks for letting us know that you are up and running and enjoying the 804.

They really are a fantastic set.
    Do take the time to sit and go over the settings to see which suit you the best. 
    Took me a while with my LG OLED but ended up with it set the way that I preferred.

If you require anything in future drop me a post or PM.

Again thank as always for the business :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.