Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Group water scheme

• 09-02-2020 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi There,I am on a rural  group water scheme & we got a message saying we have a leak on our water meter so should be repaired asap,as leaks will be accounted for on your water bill!!!!Who is responsible to find this link & who repairs it & who is liable for the cost involved?Please advise.Many thanks 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

coathanger wrote: »
    Hi There,I am on a rural  group water scheme & we got a message saying we have a leak on our water meter so should be repaired asap,as leaks will be accounted for on your water bill!!!!Who is responsible to find this link & who repairs it & who is liable for the cost involved?Please advise.Many thanks 

I would say who ever reads the meters maybe spotted this leak and is doing you a favour by telling you of same. assuming its a leak on your side of the metre??
    your best enquire about it first anyway. should be contact number on your bill to speak to someone.

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi coathanger,
    Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will look into this for you:

- Your full name;
    - Your full address (including County & Eircode);
    - Your contact number;
    - Your account number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Niamh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

PM Sent Niamh

Quote="Irish Water: Niamh;112501013"]Hi coathanger,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

Please PM us with the following information and a member of our team will look into this for you:

- Your full name;
    - Your full address (including County & Eircode);
    - Your contact number;
    - Your account number; and
    - WPRN.

Thanks,
    Niamh[/quote]

Hi coathanger,
    PM Sent  Niamh
    We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

ruwithme wrote: »
    I would say who ever reads the meters maybe spotted this leak and is doing you a favour by telling you of same. assuming its a leak on your side of the metre??
    your best enquire about it first anyway. should be contact number on your bill to speak to someone.

Contacted the scheme , who were so un professional & absolutely of no help whatsoever, other than to tell me it’s my problem & I need to sort it & Irish Water were of no help either ...
    Apparently these little group schemes don’t report to Irish Water or anyone , do can make up all their own rules ....

What a great country we live in 🀬

• Advertisement

Hi coathanger,
    ruwithme wrote: »

Contacted the scheme , who were so un professional & absolutely of no help whatsoever, other than to tell me it’s my problem & I need to sort it & Irish Water were of no help either ...
    Apparently these little group schemes don’t report to Irish Water or anyone , do can make up all their own rules ....

What a great country we live in 🀬
    Sorry to hear that you had this experience.

Group Water Schemes are privately owned and operated schemes.Group schemes are responsible for the provision of supplies to their customers and the maintenance of their networks irrespective of whether supplies are privately or publicly sourced.

Please see here for more information on Group Water Schemes in Ireland.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

Advertisement