Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection Delays

Options
  • 10-07-2019 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi There,

We purchased a new property in Knightsgate Crescent, Rush earlier this year and have not been able to move in due to delays with Irish Water.

Every week we are being told by developers that engineers are due on site only to be told at the end of the week they did not show up. This is literally the last thing on the list we need sorted before we can move in.

Our lease was up on our accommodation last month as we were told the house would be ready in April and then May and now they've said they have no indication of when it will be complete as IW are not communicating with them. Our 6 month old has had to stay with grandparents down the country while we try find short term accommodation which is not proving easy and we're under a huge amount of stress which sadly has taken all the excitement out of becoming homeowners.

Can you please help me understand why there are delays, why engineers confirm they are coming on site and then simply don't show up and provide some idea of when we can expect completion to take place?

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi Shadoy,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We're very sorry to hear this and we will certainly look into this matter for you. Would you mind sending a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number; and
    - New connection reference number.

Thanks in advance,
    Allanah

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mooneyg3

Shadoy wrote: »
    Hi There,

We purchased a new property in Knightsgate Crescent, Rush earlier this year and have not been able to move in due to delays with Irish Water.

Every week we are being told by developers that engineers are due on site only to be told at the end of the week they did not show up. This is literally the last thing on the list we need sorted before we can move in.

Our lease was up on our accommodation last month as we were told the house would be ready in April and then May and now they've said they have no indication of when it will be complete as IW are not communicating with them. Our 6 month old has had to stay with grandparents down the country while we try find short term accommodation which is not proving easy and we're under a huge amount of stress which sadly has taken all the excitement out of becoming homeowners.

Can you please help me understand why there are delays, why engineers confirm they are coming on site and then simply don't show up and provide some idea of when we can expect completion to take place?

Thanks!
    Hi,

Did this take long to get resolved. We seem to be facing a similar issue now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Irish Water: Leona

Hi,

Thanks for your query.
    Mooneyg3 wrote: »
    Hi,

If you would like us to look into your new connection application, would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your contact number; and
    - Your new connection reference number?

Thanks,
    Leona

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mooneyg3

Hi,

Thanks for your query.

If you would like us to look into your new connection application, would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your new connection reference number?

Thanks,
    Leona

Hi Leona,

I don't have a connection reference number. Is it possible to look up by address?

Thanks,
    Graeme

• Company Representative Posts: 485 Verified rep Irish Water: Allanah

Hi Graeme,

Hi Leona,

I don't have a connection reference number. Is it possible to look up by address?

Thanks,
    Graeme

If your name is on the application, we can check this for you with the other details mentioned above.

If the developers made the application and your name is not on it, we wouldn't be able to discuss the application due to data protection reasons. In this case, we would recommend that you contact the developer directly.

Thanks,
    Allanah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Shadoy

Hi,

It was about 5 weeks later before water was completed for us. Would recommend reaching out to Brian Dennehy (local councillor) as he was able to get a progress update for us which was much more accurate than what we were being told.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L8891

Hi there, we are in the same position, our house was snagged last monday and we thought this would mean we could move in within the next month but now because of the delay with connecting the water, we have no idea when we're going to get the keys. We have given up our apartment and have no where to live in January. Please can you help or tell us what we can do? It's an extremely stressful situation.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi L8891,
    L8891 wrote: »
    Hi there, we are in the same position, our house was snagged last monday and we thought this would mean we could move in within the next month but now because of the delay with connecting the water, we have no idea when we're going to get the keys. We have given up our apartment and have no where to live in January. Please can you help or tell us what we can do? It's an extremely stressful situation.
    Thank you for your message and we're sorry to hear this.

We will certainly look into this matter for you. Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details?

- Your name;
    - The full address of the property in question;
    - Your new connection reference number if possible

Thanks in advance,
    Louise

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fra3

Same thing here, house completion delayed due to Irish Water. I will snag Friday but the builder can't provide a closing date.

And I have to leave my apt at the end of February. 

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Fra3,
    Fra3 wrote: »
    Same thing here, house completion delayed due to Irish Water. I will snag Friday but the builder can't provide a closing date.

And I have to leave my apt at the end of February. 
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If your name is on this application, we can check the progress of this for you.

If this is the case, please provide the following details via PM and a member of our team will help.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your new connection reference number.

If the developer made the application and your name is not on it, we would recommend that you contact the developer to request an update concerning this application.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

• Advertisement

Of course they offer help but they do nothing to speed up things saying that I have to contact the builder. Irish Water is just a joke!
    Hi Fra3,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If your name is on this application, we can check the progress of this for you.

If this is the case, please provide the following details via PM and a member of our team will help.

- Your full name;
    - Your full address;
    - Your new connection reference number.

If the developer made the application and your name is not on it, we would recommend that you contact the developer to request an update concerning this application.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

And still nothing after a month. The builder was expecting uodates within 10 days but these never arrived. It's getting ridicolous, Irish Water is a nightmare... I will keep saying that everywhere, do they really expect people to pay for such horrible service? 

• Company Representative Posts: 222 Verified rep Irish Water: Niamh

Hi Fra3,
    And still nothing after a month. The builder was expecting uodates within 10 days but these never arrived. It's getting ridicolous, Irish Water is a nightmare... I will keep saying that everywhere, do they really expect people to pay for such horrible service? 
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you are named on this application, please PM us with your details and we will be happy to follow up on this matter for you.

Otherwise, we would recommend that you contact the developer in question and request that they get in touch with our New Connections Department in relation to the application.

We understand from your message that the builder was expecting an update which they have not received. As such, we would recommend that they get in touch with Irish Water to query the status of this and they then will be able to relay any new information received directly to you.

So sorry that this is causing disruptions for you; however, we hope this is resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Niamh

Hi Fra3,
    Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this and apologies for any inconvenience caused.

If you are named on this application, please PM us with your details and we will be happy to follow up on this matter for you.

Otherwise, we would recommend that you contact the developer in question and request that they get in touch with our New Connections Department in relation to the application.

We understand from your message that the builder was expecting an update which they have not received. As such, we would recommend that they get in touch with Irish Water to query the status of this and they then will be able to relay any new information received directly to you.

So sorry that this is causing disruptions for you; however, we hope this is resolved soon.

Kind regards,
    Niamh
    Yet no resolution and it's months now. Houses ready for weeks but still no water as Irish Water does not want to sign off for connection.
    It seems like they go onsite and find anything not to sign off - after months they finally signed off the physical work and now they're checking paper work: it will take them another few weeks to say it's all good. They could have checked paper work meanwhile the physical work was being checked to speed up the process but nope, they waited till the end.

• Company Representative Posts: 174 Verified rep Irish Water: Louise

Hi fra3,

We're sorry to hear of the delay.

We have received your PM and a member of our team will respond as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Louise

Hi, I am the purchaser of another new home in a new development, have been waiting to complete since October 2019 and still haven't been able to do so due to Irish Water's complete incompetence. This has been happening all over Ireland for the last couple of years. I would love to know how this Organisation is being ran so badly and so inefficiently. It is having a major negative impact on the housing marketing and and housing supply which we all know is in crisis mode. I'll probably get a vague response from an Irish Water representative now but nothing will actually be actioned!

• Company Representative Posts: 254 Verified rep Irish Water: Agata

Hi, I am the purchaser of another new home in a new development, have been waiting to complete since October 2019 and still haven't been able to do so due to Irish Water's complete incompetence. This has been happening all over Ireland for the last couple of years. I would love to know how this Organisation is being ran so badly and so inefficiently. It is having a major negative impact on the housing marketing and and housing supply which we all know is in crisis mode. I'll probably get a vague response from an Irish Water representative now but nothing will actually be actioned!
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and we are sorry to hear this.

Would you mind sending us a PM with the following details:

- Name;
    - Address;
    - Contact number;
    - New connection reference number

Thanks in advance,
    Agata

Advertisement