Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - unlimited data, calls and texts for €10

• 27-11-2019 8:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get this text from Vodafone?

Unlimited for €10! We're giving you unlimited data, calls and texts for 28 days every time you top up by €10 or more for the next 6 months. This promotion is in addition to your existing Vodafone X Unlimited Weekends top up offer. Remember if you top up by €20 or more this will also reactivate your existing top up offer. Fair use policy applies, for terms see vodafone.ie/terms. Opt out call 1800200234.

I see the terms and conditions here

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html

a. Unlimited calls includes calls to Irish mobile and landlines in the Rep. Ireland only. Excludes international, premium rate & directory enquiries calls;

b. Unlimited texts includes texts to Irish mobiles in the Republic of Ireland only. Excludes texts to landlines, international texts, premium rate texts & picture messages; and,

c. Unlimited data.

5. Offer Period: The Offer period will apply for 6 months from the date of receipt of the Offer SMS at (1) above.

Edit...
    The Offer Benefits are subject to a fair usage policy. Vodafone has developed a fair use threshold for the service, which is currently set at 5000 minutes, 5000 texts and 100GB of data per 28 day offer period.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

God I hope Vodafone don't balls up their network with unlimited data like the others have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

If they do it for 10 every month like gomo I'll come back. But they aren't yet so... I hope they do though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CountryGirl321

biebiebie wrote: »
    Fair use policy applies

Some vendors call 15 gig of data "Unlimited" so i would take a closer look at this before you start streaming 4k movies from your mobile Hotspot :) I have been upgraded to a business plan from another vendor to 80 gig of data, they also call this "unlimited" Yes its good but not unlimited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

Only on messenger asking them for a better data allowance and told only can move to deals on website

Might chance my arm on messenger as never got text (yet) and am on old student deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CountryGirl321

OmegaGene wrote: »
    100GB of data per 28 day offer period.

That is pretty good for a mobile device

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Clearly an attempt by Vodafone to halt porting to GoMo, for the next 6 months, by which time the GoMo offer may have expired for new customers. One is obviously better off, long run, with the GoMo for life offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭biebiebie

JTMan wrote: »
    Clearly an attempt by Vodafone to halt porting to GoMo, for the next 6 months, by which time the GoMo offer may have expired for new customers. One is obviously better off, long run, with the GoMo for life offer.

Exactly my thoughs too.
    Now if it was a likewise "lifetime" offer from Voda that would be a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Data minutes texts won't stack it resets every month or when you top up so no thinking you can skirt them t&c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,508 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Not being able to tether on Vodafone makes unlimited data about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Not being able to tether on Vodafone makes unlimited data about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.
    Why do you say this? I tether all the time on Vodafone......

Unfortunately I'm tied into contract or I'd be jumping at all these tenner deals, I'm hoping they'll still be all around when my contract is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

God I hope Vodafone don't balls up their network with unlimited data like the others have.

Why does unlimited data balls up the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭go4it

i can tether on vodafone; last year i had to choose live.vodaxxx apn ( not the hs 'high speed' one )

Than i change the phone , and I lost 10e just checking 1 text email , since i connected the phone through usb, and automatically the apn changed in the background from live to hs...

Now the updated software on the phone doesn't allow to choose apn anymore, but tethering is still ok, deducted from the bundle, and not the credit....

Regarding the word 'unlimited ' : if you have 'full' speed for first 50Gb and than 1Mbps for the remainder , that means that you have unlimited data , and the operator are penalizing the 'network hogs'

No mobile operator will release full bandwidth between midnight and 5 am , to encourage torrents and other heavy data transfers ( that could come handy in remote small towns )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can, if you know how to use ADB to disable the HS APN.

I assume you're on Android?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Loads of people will use it for tethering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

Ok, so how do I get the text?
    Anyone have an email address contact for VF? I cannot even get then on VF Chat....

Dec4 wrote: »
    Ok, so how do I get the text?
    Anyone have an email address contact for VF? I cannot even get then on VF Chat....

Facebook messenger or call back some chance

After that it's non English script reading live chat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

Doesn't look like many got the text?

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

Out of five people in my family, all on Vodafone prepay, one got the text last Fri Nov 22nd (and that one is on the old Student Plan).

I'm on old student plan and got no text

Waiting on Facebook messenger to reply

If nothing I'll get call back tomorrow and say thinking of going to 3 if can't get thy deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Im switching to Vodafone in a few weeks....is there a reason they wont offer this to everyone? Legally, wont they have to make it available to anyone that wishes to avail?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

LowOdour wrote: »
    Im switching to Vodafone in a few weeks....is there a reason they wont offer this to everyone? Legally, wont they have to make it available to anyone that wishes to avail?

No, they don't have to offer it to anyone they don't want to offer it to. They obviously have some algorithm that identifies customers at risk of switching to GoMo and they specificity target them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I got this text.

I’m on the Student Offer plan of 15gb data and unlimited texts for €20 a month and I get to keep my credit.

With this new €10 offer, I still top up by 20 and get to keep my credit. I spend that whole 20 on the Google Playstore games and stuff, so technically they aren’t making a single penny on me. :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I got this text.

I’m on the Student Offer plan of 15gb data and unlimited texts for €20 a month and I get to keep my credit.

With this new €10 offer, I still top up by 20 and get to keep my credit. I spend that whole 20 on the Google Playstore games and stuff, so technically they aren’t making a single penny on me. :L

I am on same plan but no text yet, any idea what happens after 6 month. do we keep the same student plan or need to opt into new plan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭IHateNewShoes

Nah Vodafone for me all the way, they give €100 credit for porting to them also so if anyone can be bothered you can port out and in again every now and then and be €100 up each time I’ve done it twice now

Hi Omega, How do you get the €100 for switching? I'm on vodafone myself but I might move and come back for this offer. I use the credit for Audio books on the play store, very handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I am on same plan but no text yet, any idea what happens after 6 month. do we keep the same student plan or need to opt into new plan ?

AFAIK you stay on your current plan.

If you top up by 20 you get your normal top up offer as well as the 10e offer but that's paying twice for same thing (unless you're on Vodafone X Sport or Music).

If you want this 10e offer, then only top up by 10. If you need more credit then only top up by 5 because top up by 10 will start a new 28 days

https://n.vodafone.ie/terms/offers.html
    11. Please note that if you are currently availing of a Vodafone Pay As You Go top up offer on your account, your current top up offer will not be impacted by this promotional Offer. If you top up by the relevant amount to activate your current top up offer, your current top up offer will activate in the usual manner. For example if the customer is opted into Chat Extra, and they top up by €20 or more during the Offer Period, they will activate the Offer (and receive the promotional Offer benefits) and they will also activate their current top up offer and receive their standard top up offer allowance.

12. If you need to top up again during your 28 day Offer period, it is recommended that you top up by less than the minimum Offer top up amount (for example by €5) if you want to retain the Offer benefits for the remainder of your existing 28 day Offer period. A top up by the stated minimum amount in the Offer SMS or more within an existing 28 day Offer period will re-activate the Offer and a new 28 day Offer period will commence, subject to clause 3 above. If you top up by the stated amount or more in one go before the expiry date, your offer will reset and any remaining allowances will not carry forward at the time of top up.

If you top up by €20, you get both your regular offer and this offer. If your regular offer takes some/all your top up credit, then make sure to top up by €10 or €15 instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

3G networks just don't have the bandwidth for unrestricted use. 4G neither but copes slightly better. Mobile in the 3G and 4G forms is a heavily contended (shared) service and if its not limited by users on the tower it can be limited by non fibre backhaul in rural areas. Look at 3 and now eir at peak times in congested areas. Shocking. Vodafone always had limits allowing 100Mbit + speeds regularly on 4G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Nah Vodafone for me all the way, they give €100 credit for porting to them also so if anyone can be bothered you can port out and in again every now and then and be €100 up each time I’ve done it twice now

Really? I just ported back from Gomo to Voda and was told there was no offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭irishchris

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Really? I just ported back from Gomo to Voda and was told there was no offers.

If you ported online since around 20th you will automatically get link for 25 euro cashback at start of Jan 2020. If you did it in store they owe you a voucher which you can claim the 25€ back straight away with

• Advertisement

irishchris wrote: »
    If you ported online since around 20th you will automatically get link for 25 euro cashback at start of Jan 2020. If you did it in store they owe you a voucher which you can claim the 25€ back straight away with

Rang Vodafone there and said there's nothing they can do now I'm ported and also said they never heard of this 10 euro a month offer....

Im waiting on a call back at 348

Seen as ignored messenger the day as I was told they are there if I needed help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

I got the text last friday, but the text I got says I have to top up by €20 to get it, still thats what i top up by anyway

Any do you get 10 euro free back?

omega42 wrote: »
    I got the text last friday, but the text I got says I have to top up by €20 to get it, still thats what i top up by anyway

The terms for this offer on the Vodafone website don't specify the top-up amount required so they must be individualising it for each person getting the offer based on their past usage etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭corks finest

Feckers didn’t text me and I’m in the x plan
    It was only a matter of time before this is brought in considering the other networks are all unlimited data now and gomo is putting pressure on Vodafone

Same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I got this text.

But you surely need to spend something to make phone calls ??
    Texts and data aint going to cut it.

Got the callback

Offer doesn't exist so cant move me to it

Maybe im getting mixed up with the Gomo offer

Time to try and see what the three network is like as i need more data than Vodafone want to give me

jeffk wrote: »
    Got the callback

Offer doesn't exist so cant move me to it

Maybe im getting mixed up with the Gomo offer

Time to try and see what the three network is like as i need more data than Vodafone want to give me

It's a targeted offer so you only get it if you've received the specific text. And it's only for six months anyway.

Quackster wrote: »
    You only get the offer if you've received the specific text. And it's only for six months anyway.

Worth a try and six months is worth sixty euro so three months free when back on old plan

Worth a try and six months is worth sixty euro so three months free when back on old plan

That's only if you've been offered it at €10 a month though. Some are getting texts offering it for a tenner while others are being asked to stump up twenty.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    That's only if you've been offered it at €10 a month though. Some are getting texts offering it for a tenner while others are being asked to stump up twenty.

That's true, very strange set-up to have random texts for random prices

That's true, very strange set-up to have random texts for random prices

It could be an experiment on their part, testing to see take-up rates at various price points.

Zardoz wrote: »
    But you surely need to spend something to make phone calls ??
    Texts and data aint going to cut it.

I now get unlimited calls with this new offer for 6 months.

That's unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data for 6 months and I keep my €20 credit to spend the whole lot on the play store.

Vodafone aren't making a single penny on me as it stands :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hope 2 Fu*k I get the message also,I'm paying for Siro,and both my son's and my own PAYG

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aside from having a slightly larger data allowance than GoMo, keep in mind that having to top up every 28 days effectively means that you're paying for 13 periods in a year, compared to GoMo's 12. So, all in all, GoMo is still a better offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The thing about this and threes offering is their hope that gomo price goes up and people won't bother changing.

New Home wrote: »
    Aside from having a slightly larger data allowance than GoMo, keep in mind that having to top up every 28 days effectively means that you're paying for 13 periods in a year, compared to GoMo's 12. So, all in all, GoMo is still a better offer.

As you get to keep the Vodafone credit and can then spend it in the Google Play Store etc, this would be the better offer as long as it lasts.

Facebook messenger

With this deal, it is on a trial at the moment and customers were selected at random to avail of this offer.

Unfortunately, if you did not receive this text you will unable to avail of this deal.

Ah well, three sim gone into phone to see, herself on three and dont make much calls and then no more worrying about data allowances

See when month is up and decide on moving number

Is this offer still active with anyone who got the original text? I topped up by €10 last week and it never worked. I'm on chat with support all week trying to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I now get unlimited calls with this new offer for 6 months.

That's unlimited calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data for 6 months and I keep my €20 credit to spend the whole lot on the play store.

Vodafone aren't making a single penny on me as it stands :)

Two months ago you said you had everything free. Now you're saying it's gone. I thought it was a 6 month contract?

• Advertisement
Advertisement