Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reading of Night saver time clock in meter board

Options
  • 25-11-2019 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello EI, I'm new to Boards.ie so I hope this is the right place to post. 

I have just moved into a rural rented house which has night storage heaters (two of them) as part of the heating system. In the meter cupboard, located on outside wall, there are two electricty meters (one located high and one low). A Sangamo QUARTX clock sits to the right of the lower meter which I suspect is set wrongly (the clock I mean), since if I switch on either or both storage heaters, just now (11 a.m.), the lower electricty meter whirs round and round. Switching both heaters off stops the meter turning. Since no images are allowed, I will attempt to explain how the timer settings look:

There are two ON tabs, one pointing to just after 24 and the other set at mid way between 3 and 4 (3:30 a.m. I presume).
    The two OFF tabs are set at just before the number 9 (say 08:50) and the other set at just before the number 11 (say 10:50)

The actual time looks like it is set to 07:10, i.e. the Time pointer was just after the number 7, although the real time was 10:47 this morning.

Can you advise what I should do? Contact the owner, to contact EI I presume.

Kind regards,

Geoff

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi Geoff, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

If the ESB Networks time clock is set incorrectly, an appointment would need to be arranged to send out one of ESB Networks' technicians. ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all suppliers. If there is an independent timer, that needs to be looked at by an independent electrical contractor.

Do you know what supplier the property is with? If Electric Ireland is the supplier at the property, the account holder will need to contact 1850 372 372 or 01 852 9534 (8am - 8pm Mon - Sat). If another company is the supplier, the account holder will to contact that supplier to find out what their procedures are.

We hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sensored

Hi Geoff, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

If the ESB Networks time clock is set incorrectly, an appointment would need to be arranged to send out one of ESB Networks' technicians. ESB Networks maintain the electricity network for all suppliers. If there is an independent timer, that needs to be looked at by an independent electrical contractor.

Do you know what supplier the property is with? If Electric Ireland is the supplier at the property, the account holder will need to contact 1850 372 372 or 01 852 9534 (8am - 8pm Mon - Sat). If another company is the supplier, the account holder will to contact that supplier to find out what their procedures are.

We hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife
    Hi Aoife,

thanks for your timely reply.

Is there an email address where I can post a photograph of the Timer, so that someone could quickly verify if it is set correctly?  This is so I can give the house-owner reliable information as to what needs fixing by the electricity supplier? Either that or a web address showing an example image of a correctly set Timer?

At this point, I do not know the supplier, but I don't want to be hassling the home-owner if everything is working properly. The owner is quite elderly and has close relative in hospital this last two months.

Sorry to trouble you again.

Geoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Sensored,

We recommend contacting ESB Networks directly - esbnetworks@esb.ie and 1850 372 757.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement