Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic window boards..

Options
  • 14-11-2019 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi..
    I have a few Brown pvc windows with matching pvc Brown window "boards".
    My question is can the window boards be painted white and if so what's the procedure.
    OR....
    If I take off the pvc would the original boards be there and maybe they could be painted..
    Any info pls.
    Thanks..

Comments

Do you mean a window sill? Like the horizontal piece that runs along the bottom of the window?

If you wish to paint the PVC you can do so, but you'd need to sand it first a good bit, to roughen it up, otherwise the paint you use wont stick to it and may peel off.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

Thanks for reply..
    Yep that's it ..The structure at the bottom of the window
    on the inside which is usually made off timber.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RobbieMD

Window board on the inside. Window sill on the outside. You can get plastic primers in decent paint shops. Use a proper paint suppliers instead of woodies etc and they’ll steer you in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭romaderwdcsax

me4many wrote: »
    Hi..
    I have a few Brown pvc windows with matching pvc Brown window "boards".
    My question is can the window boards be painted white and if so what's the procedure.
    OR....
    If I take off the pvc would the original boards be there and maybe they could be painted..
    Any info pls.
    Thanks..
    Ya absolutely no problem with painting pvc.
    1. Degrease
    2. Very light sanding
    3. Apply 2 coats of bin 123 primer, let dry fully in between coats
    4. Apply two coats of finishing paint, again let dry fully in between coats
    5. Stand back and admire 😀

Advertisement