Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for Aviation to look at 100ml liquid rule to reduce plastics

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

basill wrote: »
    So Ireland is outputting as much carbon in 2018 as it did in 1980 with x million more population.

No, per capita means for each person. So in 1980 , ssy 2.5m were putting out 7.7 each, now 4.5 are putting out 7.7 each. 7.7 x 4.5 is more than 7.7 x 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭crisco10

Have to agree. This kinda of thinking annoys me, too.

I disagree tho, the whole waste reduction and eco friendly movement is more about everybody doing it imperfectly rather than some people being perfect.

I travel a lot with work, but that doesn't mean I should drive a v8 petrol guzzler, stop recycling and throw plastic everywhere.

You have to do the bits you can where you can, and keep looking to improve.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

deconduo wrote: »
    Haven't had any issue with DAA (or any other airport) with my own bag. Looks like this:

Been traveling in and out weekly for a few years now without any hassle.

I've seen security guards reject IKEA resealable bags due to some minor print on the side - not a hope in hell they'd accept that.

Being lucky != it being accepted everywhere

To be fair I also have a similar bag to the one posted and I have used it a few times without hassle at Dublin.

I don't think it has to be a DAA plastic bag, so long as it's a clear plastic bag and the contents can be seen you're OK (or such is my experience anyway).

Have to laugh at the people confusing the desire to reduce reliance on single use plastic with climate change. :D

Sperm whale had 13 pounds of plastic in its stomach

OP, when I was last going through Dublin Airport I was pleasantly surprised to see lots of water fountains so I was able to top up my reusable drinking bottle. Emptied it before security and filled it up once I was through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

To be fair I also have a similar bag to the one posted and I have used it a few times without hassle at Dublin.

I don't think it has to be a DAA plastic bag, so long as it's a clear plastic bag and the contents can be seen you're OK (or such is my experience anyway).

I have been told to repack into a DAA approved bag because they said mine was not the right size. there was no issue with the contents, the issue was with the size of the bag. So not only is the rule a load of nonsense they dont even implement it consistently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭Tow

dfx- wrote: »
    Considering it was safe to travel despite the successful liquid bomb disguised as contact lens fluid in 1994, it's definitely theatre.

That occurred in the Philippines Airlines flight. The Philippines stopped enforcing the liquids ban after about a year.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement