If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg Oled B6 55" burn in issue

Options
  • 08-11-2019 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds guys,

I bought this tv on the 23rd of may 2017 from you. During the week while watching a football match i noticed a brighter rectangular band at the bottom of the screen. Looks like burn in but I'm no expert to diagnose it. Happy to share pics by pm to get your opinion. I ran the option to clear panel noise several times but it doesn't help.

Any tips or help available?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds guys,

I bought this tv on the 23rd of may 2017 from you. During the week while watching a football match i noticed a brighter rectangular band at the bottom of the screen. Looks like burn in but I'm no expert to diagnose it. Happy to share pics by pm to get your opinion. I ran the option to clear panel noise several times but it doesn't help.

Any tips or help available?

Thanks
    Hi j4vier,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the OLED. If you want to send me across a couple of pics via PM I can have a look at them to see what's going on! If you've used the pixel refresh and there is still image retention unfortunately screen burn wouldn't be covered by the warranty and I don't know of any ways to get rid of it apart from the pixel refresher!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi j4vier,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the OLED. If you want to send me across a couple of pics via PM I can have a look at them to see what's going on! If you've used the pixel refresh and there is still image retention unfortunately screen burn wouldn't be covered by the warranty and I don't know of any ways to get rid of it apart from the pixel refresher!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

It’s a bit disappointing to see this happening on a 2yr and a half old tv which costed me 1600e. Clearly the technology isn’t fit for purpose if it can’t cope with watching the news, sports and movies in the evenings and at the weekends. I’ll pm you some photos, it is particularly visible on a yellow and red background.

Thanks,

Patrick

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

j4vier wrote: »
    Hi j4vier,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

It’s a bit disappointing to see this happening on a 2yr and a half old tv which costed me 1600e. Clearly the technology isn’t fit for purpose if it can’t cope with watching the news, sports and movies in the evenings and at the weekends. I’ll pm you some photos, it is particularly  visible on a yellow and red background.

Thanks,

Patrick
    Thanks Patrick, I'll get back to your PM asap.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.