Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-10-2019, 20:28   #1201
Jurgen The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDI View Post
Ole has burned the place to the ground and is now rising from the flames like a phoenix. I’d have been happy with a 0-0 with no shots on goal at the start of the game.

He pulled off a master stroke and got us two shots on target, a goal, a few shots off target, the lads all on full alert flying into tackles, more than 35 per cent possession and still a draw.

1-1 if we got hammered Ole would be gone, he deserves all the credit here. The turnaround begins.
Master stroke.

Phoenix from the flames.

Credit due.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDI View Post
Again, this is Manchester United transfer news rumours etc forum not the BDI accusation forum. I just want to get behind the manager and discuss performance. My stream died today at about the 20 th minute.

Got a scrappy stream working on my phone and kept up with the main parts but will probably have to watch the full match tomorrow for any good insight into Oles tactics. The team looked like a different team from what I saw. Even Lindelof who I have little time for seemed to be getting stuck in.

I hope ole can do enough to keep his job until christmas. Obviously that means keeping us away from relegation. If we look like safe bet to stay up at Christmas I’d be delighted to give him until summer. If we look like we are in free fall around Christmas I will happily say I’m wrong and get behind the next fella.
My stream died 20 minutes in.

Good god almighty.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 20:32   #1202
BDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen The German View Post
Master stroke.

Phoenix from the flames.

Credit due.

My stream died 20 minutes in.

Good god almighty.
I watched it on my phone I said. My paid stream died. I watched it on a free not great stream but watched the match. Missed all the var stuff though. You will see me asking about it in the forum not knowing what was going on at the time.
20-10-2019, 20:48   #1203
Nuts102

Tactics in the second half were awful waiting for them to score
20-10-2019, 20:48   #1204
PhlegmyMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsisname View Post
That was a much better performance than I was expecting. We probably should have won it but again, we’ve conceded a goal from a mistake. We constantly do it.

I thought Fred, McTominay and Pereira had good games.

Disappointed we couldn’t see it out tho, it’s just very frustrating that the team can put in a performance like this and we’ll more than likely roll over for Norwich next week.
I legit do not know how anybody could say that Fred or Pereira had a good game. Pereira broke down so many attacks with poor decision making and Fred was a headless chicken who is massively negative in possession and gets caught on the ball too often. McT was good, as was Rashford and James. Rest were all okay bar Fred and Pereira.
20-10-2019, 20:55   #1205
Rayne Wooney

A point is really point-less, we are in a state of limbo here.

Are we going to pick up 6 points from Norwich and Chelsea? I highly doubt it, if we are on 13/14 points after 11 games you could say with a reasonable degree of certainty that we will finish on around 50-60 points this season at best, which means a finish anywhere between 7th-11th looking at last years table, so the league season is pretty much a write off.

I think from the PR comments this week they all but confirm that Ole will be given a full season unless we are pulled into a relegation battle, I think we will get to the knockouts of the europa and that’s what is going to keep Ole in the job, they’ll give him some money to spend in January for a tilt at that competition and see how it goes, if we go out early they’ll get rid of Ole when top 4 is mathematically impossible which could be March/April at the rate we are going.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 21:10   #1206
S.M.B.

Norwich and Chelsea?

Norwich, Bournemouth, Brighton, Sheffield United, Aston Villa.

Let's see if we can string together a few results like when Ole joined.

Last edited by S.M.B.; 20-10-2019 at 21:18.
20-10-2019, 21:17   #1207
Potential Underachiever

Quote:
Originally Posted by limnam View Post
Nothing gets passed you.

past
20-10-2019, 21:35   #1208
Hotblack Desiato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potential Underachiever View Post
past
Quality contribution, thanks for that
Thanks from:
20-10-2019, 21:49   #1209
Ninthlife

The performance and result didnt worry me

What did worry me is another injury and this in warm up.

I know injuries happen but there has to be more to it than bad luck.
Advertisement
20-10-2019, 21:51   #1210
20 Times 20 Times

He’s actually right !! Go get Kane !!

What are you staring at !!

Same way we got Cole , Yorke, Rooney ,Saha , Berbatov RVP .

We have historically bought the best strikers from clubs , go get Kane !
20-10-2019, 22:15   #1211
Rayne Wooney

I think Kane priced himself out of a move by signing that contract extension.

Spurs would ask for a ridiculous amount of money for him
20-10-2019, 22:17   #1212
blackwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 Times 20 Times View Post
He’s actually right !! Go get Kane !!

What are you staring at !!

Same way we got Cole , Yorke, Rooney ,Saha , Berbatov RVP .

We have historically bought the best strikers from clubs , go get Kane !
Thing is Kane has not been as good as he was the last while, not sure if it is the ankle injuries or if it is tactics but he is not the same player he was a two seasons ago. Our team is already full of injury prone players do we want another who is already seems to be on the wane slightly?
20-10-2019, 23:47   #1213
Weepsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwave View Post
Thing is Kane has not been as good as he was the last while, not sure if it is the ankle injuries or if it is tactics but he is not the same player he was a two seasons ago. Our team is already full of injury prone players do we want another who is already seems to be on the wane slightly?
If 47 goals in 71 appearances is considered to be on the same, we are really judging him by how bloody excellent he was for 4 years prior.

I do agree he's had some niggles , but he's still going to be a 20+ a season person for the next few years I'd say.

He'd also cost a near world record fee unless spurs really Have to sell for some reason. English premium, Levy, Proven premier league and world class really.
20-10-2019, 23:52   #1214
MicksJaguar

Rashford saying that they started inviting pressure and stopped doing what they did in the first half in his interview. Might be a little telling, stopped short of saying it was tactical imo
20-10-2019, 23:52   #1215
PhlegmyMoses

Always get this feeling that Kane would tank if he left Spurs. Just feel like playing there fits him.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion