Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't merge phone contacts located in google and on sim

Options
  • 28-09-2019 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've an Galaxy J3 which is giving trouble and I want to backup contacts before doing a factory reset.

Contacts are dispersed as follows:

Device: 1 contact (my own profile)

SIM: 184 contacts

Google account: 106 contacts.

"Contacts to display" in the contacts settings is set to "All". And so, when scrolling to the end of my contacts list it says I've 290 of them (184 +106), my own profile seemingly not counting as a contact.

If I sync contacts in Google, it just sticks at 106 - it's not picking up the SIM contacts.

The import/export options in the contacts settings are thus:

"Import vCard files (VCF) from your device storage to contacts on your device."

Options given are: Device storage / SD card / SIM card

"Export contacts from your device storage to selected storage locations as vCard files".

Option given are: Device storage / SD card / SIM card

Any idea on how to merge these somewhere, say Google? I'd like to be able to store the merged set on the phones SD card as well, with a view to having a 2nd backup.

Thanks for any advice..

Comments

Advertisement