Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pvc bathroom ceiling

Options
  • 23-09-2019 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has put up pvc ceiling panels in a bathroom. Renovating one at the moment looking for people's thoughts and experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Hi just wondering if anyone has put up pvc ceiling panels in a bathroom. Renovating one at the moment looking for people's thoughts and experiences.

In laws got it done. Looks fine (if you don't mind plastic ceilings). Have no idea what's going on above it though. Could be a mould fest for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just did some work where one was installed. Looks great and I'd consider it in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

In laws got it done. Looks fine (if you don't mind plastic ceilings). Have no idea what's going on above it though. Could be a mould fest for all I know.

That's what I would be worried about as well, would imagine you would want it spaced out with laths or something and some bit of ventilation.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Thepillowman

Just did some work where one was installed. Looks great and I'd consider it in my house.

Is it just attached straight onto ceiling slabs do you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is it just attached straight onto ceiling slabs do you know.

Think it was just siliconed on but not 100% sure.

• Advertisement
Advertisement